Chapter 1: Incorporation Lab

They continued in silence for a bit. James really hated androids and everything that had to do with technology, which is ironic because he had to defend them with his life. James looked down as the memories came back to him. He only remember fragments. The eyes of the Imber PKX. He remembers seeing Warren Industries on the side of its right leg. And then he had his head on the carpet and a ringing in both his ear. The last thing he saw was his mother fall in front of him. When he came to, the robot was gone and his mother was dead. He noticed blood coming from both her ears and only assumed she heard the ringing as well.

"James, James, JAMES!' he snapped out of it and realized Connors was asking him a question and he nodded impatiently.

"Another flash-back?" asked Connors and he nodded.

Connors felt bad but he didn't know what to say, he was always bad at these types of situations. All he could muster was "I'm sorry"

James started paying attention to the signs on the wall and realized they were almost at the Incorporation Lab. When they turned the corner Connors had to do another scanning process to get the doors to slide open. When they did, the pair stepped inside just to be met by two armed gaurds. Like usual they would have to leave any weapons they had at the door. Only with a level 7 clearance code could you keep yours. When they got past security they walked past a set of doors with another pair only 5 feet in front of them. They got locked in between both doors and held out their arms as a hose shot some Anti-Viral air at them to get any germs off so no one contaminated any specimen inside. As the hoses stopped the door in front of them opened they stepped inside to the Incorporation Lab level 5. They both had level 3 clearance and so could only go to Lab level 5 and 4. To get to the other levels you had to walk down 3 flights of ladder until you reached the next level. But just getting near the latter with out an approved type of clearance sounded an alarm and at least 20 armed guards converged on you in less than 5 seconds. They walked into the giant glass dome and as they both looked up all they saw was blackness and stars. They never really think about where they are in space because the last time any of them stepped on their home planet was never. They have an Earth simulator room where you can travel any street in the world and re-live lives of your ancestor, but there was a catch, the last time the system was updated was over 3000 years ago in 2012. After that all that's left is lost lives and a broken planet. They walked past rows and rows of lab desks until they reached the far wall where they met with Warren Angers and Ian McLaughlin. They saluted them both and then smiled. They all knew each other very well and were pretty good friends. They lived together in the same House of Orphans. Except for James who grew up with his real mom. They all varied in age, Ian was the oldest at 32 Warren was second at 29, Connors was third at 28, and James was 26.

"Ian, where are we at with Sector 12" said Connors

"Well we had a slight delay because Warrens Repo-Bots have all stopped working, just shut off and since they are the only ones allowed into space for construction we haven't gotten anywhere since last night" said Ian

"If you are suggesting that my Inventions are malfunctioning then you are sorely mistaken. Maybe if you actually captain this ship and didn't do that ludicrous turn all my Repo-Bots wouldn't have been shaken up" contested Warren.

"Ian, damage assesment?"said Connors

"Ummm" He looks at his wrist-pad that was made specifically for the space-ships captain. "31 Repo-Bots have drifted off. We've recovered 5 before they got too far, and we can only assume the others are just drifting away" replied Ian

'' What's our closest planet" asked James

Ian looked back down at his wrist-pad "The closest planet we have here is Junkar. Uknown life forms. Air breathable is uknown. Gravity is the same as on Earth." said Ian

"According to this there is quite a few large pockets of Algonium." said Warren

"James, head up to the Command Center and meet up with... James..... JAMES?!!" he noticed James was looking up at the glass dome above. "What are you looking at?, Hello!" said Connors

James pointed up "What is that"

They all looked up and they all saw it. A star. There was something different though.

"Is it moving?" commented Warren.

"No. It's.... changing color?" replied Ian

James figured it out first and it suddenly dawned  on all of them. They all had the same dumbfounded look on their faces. It was nothing to celebrate and they all knew it.