Chapter 2

I stare out of the window as the familiar small cream colored house comes into view. We’ve got a sort of Victorian style single storey house with a well maintained and neat front and back garden. Ash parks the vehicle across the street as I unbuckle the seat belt and step out. He grabs my gift from the backseat and we walk to the house. He hands me my gift as I push open the little front gate and walk up the steps.

We don’t need to knock as the door’s wide open so we walk straight in. Streamers, balloons and ribbons are stuck on walls, doors, windows and on the railing of the staircase. A few kids are playing around and we smile at the familiar faces of the neighbors, cousins, aunts and uncles.

“Hey Ash! This way bro” I hear some guy yell but don’t turn  because it’s probably one of my cousin or my cousin’s friend or friend’s cousin or someone who knows Ash. Instead I walk to the back garden eager to see my nephew and pause at the door.

A horse piñata is hanging from the tree and moving vigorously. Standing across it is a little guy with jet black  ruffled hair and dressed in a yellow shirt and denim shorts with a blindfold across his eyes and holding a kid’s baseball bat in his hand. A number of little kids are surrounding the kid cheering him. The little kid swings the bat behind and takes a shot at the piñata but misses it.

“Let me help!” I hear Ash exclaim from behind me as he then jogs past me towards Jace who’s still trying to hit the hanging horse filled with sweets. I too follow him .Ash holds Jace’s hand and in one shot the piñata flies open with sweets scattering everywhere. Jace excitedly pulls down to see his “fairy Godfather” who helped him as the other kids race to collect the sweets.

“Ash!” exclaims the little kid as Ash picks him up.

“Happy birthday little dude”

“Hey happy birthday Jacey!”

Ash and I both wish him at the same time. I reach out and pull his cheeks playfully.

“And this is for you” I hand Jace out the big purple box as Ash puts him down.

“And this too” Ash says handing him 3 tickets to Toys ‘R’ Us Exclusive Fun .

“Thank you Ash and Rica!” Jace beams

Yes “Rica” that’s what my nephew calls me.

“ Jace dear why don’t you place them with the other presents. You can open them all later” I look up to see Natasha walking towards us. We look completely opposite. I have dark hair while hers are blonde. We both have an average height and while my eyes are chocolate brown, hers are a pretty light blue color.

“Alright Tash! Bye guys” saying which Jace takes off. From the time that Jace started speaking he always calls her ‘Tash’and apart from Jace none of us get to call her by that name. It’s like the word ‘mum’ never left from Jace’s lips.

“Hey guys” Natasha hugs me first and then Ash. I hand her the cupcake box as she invites us back in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Hi there!I'll be uploading the cast list soon.

Pic of Ashton Lawson played by Theo James-->

Till next time, Remember me & I'll remember you.

Vote,Comment,Share,Fan,Follow

<3<3

-Z