Chapter 17

I'm making my way to Addison who has just stepped away from his girlfriend. By the time he and Norah finished dancing few more couples joined them and now everyone else was dancing to some loud music.

Addison was standing by one of the dinner tables laid out for the guests, his eyes glued to his phone as he smiled at something.

"Happy Birthday Mr.Cole" I say smoothly.

Addison tears his gaze from his phone and very evidently checks me out. I feel disgusted by it but I keep a calm face as I smile at him.

"Thank you.. You can call me Addison by the way.." he smirks and I giggle playing my part.

"And what would your lovely name be?" he asks.

I almost laugh at the stupid pick up line.

"Victoria.. Victoria Carlson" I smile.

"Such a pleasure to meet you Victoria" Addison leans towards me as he grabs my hand and kisses the back of my palm.

A waiter passes by us with a tray of glasses filled with Champagne. Addison automatically grabs two glasses and starts to hand me one.

"Eh..I'd prefer red wine" I say sweetly.

"Sure" he winks as he heads towards the bar where I was standing a little while ago.

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice behind me.

I turn around to come face to face with Norah McIver.

"Excuse me?" I ask innocently continuing with my role play.

"You think I have not noticed what you're trying to do here. Addison is my boyfriend so back off" she hisses.

"I'm sorry I really don't know what you're talking about" I respond smugly.

"So you two have met." Addison walks to us as he hands me my drink.

"This is Norah, my girlfriend and Norah this is Victoria" Addison nods from Norah to me.

Norah narrows her eyes at me as I smirk back.

"Well I must say Addison you have thrown quite a party. I'm really impressed" I praise as I look around.

"Thanks but it's because of pretty ladies like you that actually make a party worth going to" Addison leans towards me.

I can't help but think that he's openly flirting with me infront of his girlfriend, but like I care.

"Addison and I have been together for almost a year now" Norah jumps in as she links her arm with her boyfriend's.

I ignore her comment as I take a sip of my red wine and suddenly am

reminded of my purpose here.

I notice Addison who's standing on my left with his girlfriend beside him. I notice two waiters bringing the cake which I had assembled a few hours ago. They are pushing a trolley with the cake sitting on it. I decide to make my move.

"Addison I was wondering if I could talk to you privately after the party..you know we could exchange numbers and stuff..if you know what I mean" I flirtatiously say as I caress his shoulder and send a wink his way.

And that was all it took for Norah McIver to lose it.

"Are you kidding me!" Norah yells as she lunges towards me.

I discreetly spill the wine on Addison's cream designer shirt and duck moving out of the way. Norah loses her balance and falls down face flat. I stifle a laugh as I stand at the place where she was standing previously, beside Addison.

"What the hell!!?"

Addison is the next to yell as he notices the nice big red stain on his shirt.

I pretend to gasp when he looks at me. Norah gets up quickly and turns around for the second round of attack. A crowd starts gathering hearing all the chaos.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Norah shrieks as she runs towards me.

I swiftly move and she falls straight into the cake which was being brought. The three tiers are smashed and Norah's pretty gold gown is now all smeared with white icing. Addison quickly bends to help her but someone pushes him accidentally and he falls on Norah.

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in,

So shame on me now.."

Taylor Swift's I knew you were trouble starts playing and my lips curve into a smile at the irony of the situation.

"Great timing. Now lets get out of here" I hear Niall's voice as he grabs my hand and yanks me away thus breaking me from my little moment of glory.

"Why thank you!" I reply as we both snicker and start to head for the exit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: So sorry for the extremely late update. I was kinda tied up between things :( Anyway pic of Norah McIver—->(played by Lily Aldrige).

And if you're liking this story don't forget to vote, comment & follow. :))

-Z