Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Blueberry cream,

Strawberry cream,

Caramel delight,

Dark Midnight Chocofil,

Banana and Pineapple Twist,

Light vanilla punch,

Green Grape swirl.

I smiled at the colorful assortment of cupcakes sitting in the light green box. Today was my nephew Jace’s seventh birthday and like every year I had packed cupcakes (one for each year) for him.

“Veronica you coming?” I heard Ash call as he pulled the door halfway and looked back holding the big sparkly purple box which contains Jace’s gift –a football.

Ashton Lawson was my employer. He owned a small bakery called “Safire” where I worked as a pattissire or a pastry chef. Ash was Australian. He was a 28 year old , dark haired, light eyed pretty good looking and quite a decent guy.

“Yep” I respond as I shut the cupcake box and seal it with sticky tape. I grab my huge bag balancing it on my shoulder as I carry the cupcake box in the other hand and make my way towards the door.

“Hey Veronica ! remember to wish Jace from me too” a shrill voice breaks through the silent bakery and the few customers look up at the sudden noise.

“Sure Anna” I nod looking at the source of the voice. Anna is a bright, perky and extremely positive eighteen year old student who works here part time. The blonde waves at me and I return her gesture with a smile as I shut the glass door and step outside. I look either side before finding Ash seated in his Dodge Charger on the opposite side of the road and make my way to him.

“Remind me again why did I hire her?” Ash says with a raised brow.

“She’s smart, good at her job and plus she’s happy with whatever you pay her”, I say as I buckle my seat belt and grin at the dark haired guy.

 He doesn’t respond but simply chuckles as he takes a turn.

I know Ash since 3 years. I first met him when he had come for a seminar in our college. He hated me at first I guess, though he completely denies it every time I say that  but come on who wouldn’t hate an over smart geeky 19 year old who had to ask questions almost after every sentence in his seminar.  So well you can guess how surprised I was when 2 years later I got an email from “Safire” about a vacant spot for the pastry chef. Well who am I kidding? Along with me that email was sent to 30 other people who had attended that seminar 2 years back and filled in the form which had a space for “Email” on it. So yeah I applied and 1 week later much to my own surprise I was in! Guess Ashton didn’t hate me that much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Hey guys! This is my second story on wattpad. Those of you who haven't checked my first one, it's "Accidentally in "Luv" ". Anyway Just A Dream is independant and it's not a sequel of Accidentally in "Luv".

Pic of Veronica Cruz played by Barbara Palvin-->

Vote,Comment,Fan,Follow & Share.

Much luv-Z