Ch. 7: Christmas Day Together for Ralph, Clara, & Evie

"Standring's Christmas Wish", Ch. 7: Christmas Day Together for Ralph, Clara, & Evie, December 29, 2018 Gratiana Lovelace (Post #1200g)

(An original fan fiction holiday short story copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace 2018; All rights reserved); [(1) story cover, left]

[As is my custom, I will illustrate my story with my ideal cast consisting of (and in order of appearance/mention in these chapters) of: as Ralph John Standring, Hayley Atwell as Clara Saunders, and others as noted.]

Authors story content and serializing scheduling note: My fan fiction short story here is based on the character of Ralph John Standring from the 2002 British mini-series "Sparkhouse"-with a new story arc. The tone of the chapters will be primarily PG to PG-13-for dramatic moments and/or romantic feelings. If you cannot or will not attend a movie with those ratings, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer.

And I will serialize this short story starting Christmas Day, December 25, 2018 with several initial chapter posts, and for a few days following after the Christmas Holiday this year. Please note that Chs. 2 - End will appear solely on my Wattpad site for ease of posting over the holidays. And I will write and serialize my story with daily chapters posts-a little challenge that I set for myself for fun-such as with my 2014 story, "A Magnificent Love", "A Christmas Carol Reimagined" in 2016, and others. And I hope that you enjoy Ralph Standring's holiday story this year.

"Standring's Christmas Wish", Ch. 7: Christmas Day Together for Ralph, Clara, & Evie

Christmas Day morning is always a joyful time for families and children. At least for Clara Saunders, this year will be better for she and her daughter Evie because they have not just lost her sister and mother, respectively. And they still grieve for Sharon's passing in giving birth to Evie-they will always remember and honor Sharon.

But now, one year later, Evie is a one year old--and a cherished gift in Clara's life as her Mother. Clara had decided long ago that her Aunt status would be subsumed to her being Evie's Mother-the greater role that Clara will have in her daughter Evie's life.

And now, Ralph Standring has joined Clara's and Evie's world-possibly expanding their family to three in the future. For Clara, as for Ralph, having a lovely romantic partner was a dream, a wish, that they had each given up on. Yet now Ralph and Clara are more hopeful.

Though Ralph had gone home to his barn loft living space at Camden Farms last night after Claras' Friends' Christmas Eve Party, the kisses that he and Clara had shared linger in his memory and upon his lips. This feeling of joy and euphoria of the rightness of he and Clara finding each other-with her unabashedly indicating her welcoming Ralph's attentions-is new to Ralph, and to Clara. And though they each agreed to take their relationship slowly, they are both open to seeing where their growing relationship might take them.

So not surprisingly, Clara had the best sleep of her life last night. Her daughter Evie slept almost all the way through-except for a 2:00am diaper change and brief feeding. So when Clara awakens around half past seven in the morning at the sound of her doorbell-since she had forgotten to set her alarm clock-Clara checks on the still sleeping Evie, then pads in her slippered feet to her apartment's front door in her light blue snowflake thermal underwear set that warmly serves as one of her winter time jammies.

Clara wonders if Mrs. Button is popping over to wish her Happy Christmas before she goes over to Janet for the rest of their Friends' Christmas gathering. Then it hits Clara as she opens her front door that she has only thirty minutes to get presentable before Ralph shows up.

Ralph: "Happy Christmas! Am I too early?" Ralph asks with great eagerness. "I couldn't wait to see you today." Ralph looks at Clara's only slightly chagrined face and winces about him showing up early.