Chapter Thirty-Six

It had been two days since Vision had last decided to speak with (Y/N). He'd seen her around the tower, of course. Ever since Tony had taken her out for the day, she'd become more open with both the building and the people inside. Often, Vision would see her carrying on conversation with Peter or Strange. He'd observed they were a sort of comfort to her, a sense of familiarity amongst other things.

However, while Vision did not to remain at a distance with the Titan, he felt like it was necessary. The way Wanda had reacted to them attempting to carry on a light conversation made him very aware of the envy she had. As irrational as it seemed, he could understand why. She was in love with him, and he with her. But what made (Y/N) such a threat? That's what made no sense. She was an ethereal figure in their haven, maybe a red flag enough, but she did not understand how to form a romantic relationship with someone. And it's not like Vision wanted to do that to begin with. His curiosities were without ill intent. He was simply intrigued. Even so, no matter how many excuses he tried to come up with, they still never seemed to suffice the female mystic.

These thoughts ran rampant in his mind, echoing around like banging on a steel drum. It had happened every time since (Y/N) had begun observing her living space. Even in the present, as Vision sat in a small sitting room on one of the many floors of the tower and seen her standing a little ways away in the room, deep in conversation with Stephen Strange. It made him wonder how significance their accidental crash-landing on Titan had really been.

"It's just good to see you moving around," Strange said, smiling warmly at the girl standing before him, "I know I've said that many times throughout the passed few days, but I mean it. We were getting worried."

For a moment, (Y/N) found herself dumbfounded at his words again. He was right. Throughout the passed few days he had expressed very adamantly that he'd been worried for her. A few times, Tony and Peter had overheard him say it but they left his attitude back in the conference room. Being civil was his best bet toward the Titan and it was more than likely genuine, anyway.

"I can't believe your leaders haven't attempted to break down your doors," She said, fingers fiddling behind her back as her eyes darted from the ground to Strange's, "Do you guys have anything to do with that?"

Shrugging, Strange shook his head.

He'd been as baffled as she was by their lack of interest. He'd expected authorities to immediately come for news coverage and leverage in something governmental when Tony's return had gone public. However, even with the philanthropist being publicly known as both Tony Stark and Iron-Man, media did not attack and police didn't raid their doors. In retrospect, Tony's return had been rather subtle. (Y/N)'s powers aided in that, of course, but he'd returned almost similarly before and was still bombarded because of it.

"Do you think Tony is doing something about it?"

"I don't see why he would. Publicity is important to a man like him. You'd do his image justice."

She could practically taste the disgust in his voice.

Ever since their accidental arrival on Titan, (Y/N) had been very observant when it came to Tony and Strange's relationship. It was obvious to her that they didn't particularly care for one another at all, but why? She'd only ever learned of care, trust, and contentment amongst groups that fought for good reason and alongside one another. Her immediate assumption through the two men alone had been that the entire group of the Avengers were cynical and annoyed with one another. How'd they protect a world like that? Granted, she'd not spoken with anyone else except for Tony, Vision, Peter, Strange, and Wanda, with whom a brief encounter did not benefit her in any way.

"But anyway," Strange interjected, interrupting her thoughts immediately. "It's midday. Do you have any plans?"

"I'm supposed to meet Tony in his lab."

"For testing?"

She shrugged.

There were many things she didn't know, but that was one she wished she didn't.

"It's likely, isn't it?" He asked, clearly not persuaded by her façade.

She stayed silent.

But oh, how her silence spoke so loudly.

It was at this time Strange's eyes meandered across the room toward a still-observant Vision. The android's eyes immediately slipped away from Strange's, only to return, like he was provoking the mystic.

Has he been watching me talk to her this whole time?

"He's been watching," Her voice hummed in his ears, "He hasn't looked away since the last time I turned around."

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Did you... Hear me think that or were you just watching me look around...?"

"You're well aware of my powers and you're actually asking me that?"

Sighing, Strange decided it was time to leave (Y/N) be again. They'd carried on a conversation for a little too long, it seemed. Either Vision was watching over her for Tony or he genuinely was concerned for the creature. Regardless, he needed to go back home. As cozy as it had been at the tower recently, he longed for his own home with lots of windows. Not to mention her attitude was returning and he could do without that.

"You have a good evening, miss (Y/N)," He stepped forward, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with her very briefly. His eyes focused on his hands that were clasped just below his navel, his voice small as he murmured to her, "Watch Vision, because he's watching you."