His words seemed to mean more than just a simple apology. Or maybe she was just searching for one. Despite the confusion running through her mind, Kaycee found her smile growing every time his hand brushed hers.

-----

"Let's film some groups, everyone!" Jojo said, earning a round of applause from the room. "Why don't we try something new today? Kaycee and Ken get yourselves up here." There was scattered applause this time, a general wave of confusion making its way around the room. They were professionals after all. It wasn't completely foreign for one of them to be partnered with someone else, but it wasn't all that common either. Ken and Kaycee greeted each in the middle of the floor with a friendly hug before they got into position.

"Kaycee, I want you to be really into him okay?" She nodded, mapping the moves in her head. "And Ken, you aren't giving her the time of day until the very end. You decide to give her a chance. You two get it?"

They both nodded, shaking themselves out and waiting for the music to start.

"I know this isn't your usual partnership but I think it might work better with the narrative anyway. You guys got it." Jojo walked away to start the music. Kaycee focused on her movements, letting the music take over. Working with Kenneth was different and odd but it wasn't necessarily bad. They had been friends forever. It wasn't the same though. Kaycee didn't feel connected. With Sean, she always knew what he was going to do, how to match him. With Ken, she felt herself let him take the lead while she worked to catch up.

Kaycee didn't notice Sean leaning against the mirror behind the camera. The way his arms were crossed and his jaw was clenched. He understood they had to dance with other people, that wasn't the problem, it was the dance itself. He had always thought that there was something special about Jojo's classes, that her storytelling choreography was something almost sacred between the two of them. Seeing her do it with someone else hurt.

He was blind to the fact that the story looked choppy and uncomfortable. That the connection and chemistry just weren't there. He kept his gaze focused strictly on the ground in front of him, waiting for them to finish.

-----

Kaycee made her way over to her bag in the corner of the studio, receiving pats on the back and high fives as she went. Just as she leaned down to grab her bottle of water, a hand wrapped around her wrist, pulling her through the doors and into the hallway outside of the studio. Immediately startled, she let out a sharp gasp of surprise, doing her best not to trip over her own feet as she was pulled to the darkened end of the hall.

She finally stopped, getting the opportunity to look at who had grabbed her. Her eyes met familiar brown ones, confusion and relief running through her at the same time.

"Sean? What are y..." she was cut off by the pressure of his lips on her, effectively stopping her speech as well as her thoughts. She didn't respond at first, too taken by surprise to know what to do. When he started walking forward, forcing their bodies together and pushing her against the wall, her body took over. She kissed him back, matching his tempo. Her hands went to his neck, burying themselves into his hair.

His arms made their way to her waist, pushing up and under her sweater, coming into contact with the smooth, warm skin of her stomach. She gasped into his mouth, his skin cold in contrast to hers. He seized the opportunity to probe her mouth with his tongue, wandering, searching, and mapping her out. Her head was telling her to stop, that this didn't make any sense, that this wasn't right, but her mind and her body had disconnected, working against each other.

The brick wall was digging into her back, another reason for her to pull away, but she was stuck, lost in their embrace. He seemed to slow down, his bruising pace slowed from fast to tender to gentle, leaving slow and small kisses against her mouth, eventually resting his forehead against hers, their lips only a breath apart. He took his hands from her waist and cupped her face instead, pushing her hair out of the way. Their bodies were still pressed together, hers trapped between his and the wall. Without his support, she would likely collapse against it, somewhere along the line she had lost the ability to stand.

They were breathing the same air, his eyes opening and staring at her closed ones. She opened her eyes slowly, looking into his questioningly. Before she had a chance to say anything, he leaned in once more, leaving a soft kiss against her lips. She removed her hands from his hair and braced herself against his shoulders to remain upright. He pulled away slowly and backed off, letting their arms fall away from each other. She leaned against the wall for support, finding her footing. He looked at her one last time before walking down the hallway and disappearing into the studio.

She closed her eyes again, trying to remember how to breathe. A million things were running through her head and none of them made sense. The only two things she knew for sure were that one, she had no idea what just happened, and two, she kind of really liked it.

A/N: Not gonna lie, this made me really uncomfortable, but it is what it is. I honestly have no end goal or plan, I just kinda have a bunch of disconnected ideas that I hope to fit in somehow. I want this to be pretty much a fluff fest if I'm being honest, but with a serious storyline at the same time. It also kind of went right into it which I wasn't planning, not that I was planning anything anyway, but I'm not a patient person so that's probably why I guess. Please let me know what you thought. Your comments always brighten my day and I appreciate them all so much xo :)