1

Once upon a time there were a woman and a man who had fallen deeply in love. But there love was forbidden. You see the woman lived on the land while the man lived deep in the sea. They met one night when a storm had hit and he was looking for his Queen.

A woman with long black hair and beautiful blue eyes set on her couch and watched the storm. She let out a sigh as she stood up and turned her Tv off. She moved to walk up the stairs and go to bed only to hear a knock on her door.

"Who could be out there?" She asked as she rushed to the door.

When she opened the door a man fell forward and she was forced to try and catch him. He leaned on her and she gasped as she saw his wound. She put all her weight to carry him to her couch so she could bandage him up. The next morning he woke up and looked around.

"I see you are awake." She said as she walked into the room.

"Where am I?" He asked softly.

"My house. You were injured, so I bandaged you up." She explained.

"Who are you?" He asked as he looked her up and down.

"I'm Jane. Jane Alexander." She said softly.

"Nuidis Vulko, but you may call me Vulko. I am the Chief counselor to the king of Atlantis." He said calmly.

"Wow..... So is Atlantis as beautiful as the stories say?" she asked as she got closer to him.

"It is even more beautiful." He said with a smile.

As the days past Vulko and Jane became closer. He would tell her stories about his world and she would tell him about hers. As days past they slowly fell in love with each other and the stories they told. Soon they were wed and Vulko spent many days with her, but when the time came for their child to be born disaster had struck.

"Vulko what's wrong?" Jane asked as she walked into their shared room.

"Atlanna, the queen of Atlantis has returned.... and she has had a son." He said softly.

"So what's wrong with it?"

"I am to train him..... which means... I will not be able to come here." He said softly.

"You can visit."

"No..... I...I have to stay in Atlantis and over see their training and.... I must also over see the first son of Atlanna.... I will not have time to come see you and if my king learns of.... if he learns about our child.... there is no telling what he will do." He said sadly.

"Then take her with you. Say that her mother died in child birth and it was a secret relationship." She said as she took his hand in hers.

"Jane..... what about you?" He asked softly.

"I will wait by my window at sunset...... when the true king of Atlantis sits at the throne come back to me.... both of you." She said as she touched her stomach.

"I love you." He whispered as he kissed her forehead.

Soon their child was born and Nuidis left to tell his king. He took his daughter with him and introduced her to the King and Queen.

"My lord and lady. I would like to introduce my daughter to you." He said as he held her in his arms.

"May I hold her?" Atlanna asked as she walked up to him.

"Of course my lady." Vulko said as he handed the child to her.

"She is beautiful. What is her name?" Atlanna asked softly.

"Alana.... Alana Vulko." He said softly.

And that is how my life started. That is how I became the student of Queen Atlanna and the secret friend of her first born son Arthur.

I spent most of my life training with the Queen and helping her son with his work. We both would become close and soon I realized I had fallen in love with him.

"Alana you are late." Queen Atlanna said softly.

"I'm sorry my queen. I was busy doing something." I said softly.

"You were watching her again am I right?" She asked with a smile.

"She sits at the window and waits for me..... for me and dad to return. I know I'm only seven, but I wish I could see her.... I miss her so much and I barely know her." I said sadly.

"Do not worry. One day you and she will be reunited.... I swear." She said as she hugged me.

"Sorry I'm late!" A voice exclaimed.

I pulled away and smiled as I saw Orm swim into the room.

"Why are you so late?" Atlanna asked softly.

"I was.... training with father." He said softly.

"Did you beat him?" I asked with a smile.

"Of course I did. I'm the best fighter in the seven seas." He said cheerfully.

I laughed as I shook my head.

"Sure you are Orm, and I'm going to become the Queen of Atlantis." I said playfully.

"Maybe someday you will.... you never know." He said softly.

"Please, I'm not royalty and I'm not Mera.... you know your betrothal." I said calmly.

"Yea.... I keep forgetting." He said softly.

"Alright let's train. Alana I want you to practice healing." Atlanna said calmly.

Soon training was over and I left to train with my father and Arthur, he is six years older than me which gives him a little of an advantage.

"Keep your arms up!" My father ordered.

I kicked Arthur's feet out from under him and smirked as I put my trident against his neck.

"Always make sure your feet are guarded." I said calmly.

"You suck. You have more training then me." He said annoyed.

"Means nothing. You have to always be better than the enemy. Never let them see your weakness." I said softly.

He nodded his head and I moved away from him.

"I'm going to return home. I'll see you later." I said to my father.

I swam away from them and let out a sigh as I came to the docks. I hide as I saw a woman with black hair looking out the window. I could see sadness written on her face and I felt tears stream down my face as I watched her.

"I wish I could be with you mom." I whispered.

I soon swam away and returned home. I laid down on my bed and let out a sigh. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. When I opened my eyes next I was older and I was swimming in the water with a older Arthur ahead of me.

"Hurry up slowpoke!" He yelled cheerfully.

"I swear I'm going to kill him one day." I whispered as I swam after him.