Chapter 20: Civil War Part 2

I hear the sound of Peter grunting and his body hitting the top of the trailer. Turning towards the sound, I see a man in a red suit with a weird headpiece grab Cap's shield and run it back towards him. Dad gives us the locations of everyone from Steve's team and T'Challa instantly runs after Barnes.

I follow right behind T'Challa to make sure he doesn't fully kill the assassin but before we could even get close to their location, Steve stops us. He and T'Challa start to fight and I try my best to fight with T'Challa without my powers since there is too much vibranium in the tangle for me to do anything. 

"Erin, go after Barnes!" T'Challa manages to say through the fight.

Without a moment's hesitation, I run towards the windows and turn the gravity off in that area. Then, I blast myself towards the windows and fade right through them, landing mere inches behind Barnes and Wilson. But Peter decides to take a... messy approach, choosing to punch his way through the glass.

He kicks Wilson across the room and I run up and start to fight with Barnes. James goes to deliver a very painful blow, so I duck and Peter catches the punch with his hand. I've never seen Barnes more surprised. 

"Wow, you got a metal arm? That is awesome dude!" Peter comments. 

Wilson quickly recovers and flies over, picks Peter up and takes him away, leaving Barnes and me alone again. He takes the first punch and I easily dodge it. I then try to kick him across the face before punching him but he dodged both swings. We repeat the movements over and over again, moving the slightest bit each time until Barnes had me pinned against the glass. 

"I don't wanna hurt you, doll." he mumbles.

"But your gonna have to if you wanna win." I say blankly. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Wanda launching cars from the car park at Dad. He tries to dodge most of them but one nails him and he went crashing to the ground. 

"Well looks like this is goodbye." I say to Barnes before fading through the window.

Landing on my feet below the window, I look over to where Dad was to see he still hasn't escaped. I manage to pick up some of the cars from where I stood, giving him a clean escape. Then, I run over to Uncle Rhodes and Natasha and aid them in the fight against the red suit guy and Steve. 

I see the red-suited guy give Steve something before they both throw tiny objects in the air. Suddenly, a large truck appears in mid-air, aimed right for Uncle Rhodes. I run over to him and place both my hands on his suit before quickly making us intangible. Fire surrounds us but luckily doesn't consume us as we wait out the heat. Once the flames had calmed a little bit, I let Uncle Rhodey and I become solid again.

Through the remaining flames, I see that Dad has come to our aid. He quickly comes over to me and silently checks me for wounds.

"Alright now I'm pissed." Uncle Rhodes comments.

"Is this a part of the plan?" I ask Dad as I help Natasha back up to her feet. 

"Well, my plan was to go easy on them. Wanna switch it up a bit?" Dad asks me. 

"I highly suggest we do." I comment sarcastically. 

Dad then wraps his arm around my waist and flies us over to the other end of the airport where the entirety of Steve's team stands. Vision flies above us as we all band together, ready to fight once again. I stand between Dad and Natasha, my hands protected in its usual purple glow. Steve and his team decide to advance, meaning we advance in return.

"This is gonna end well." Natasha mumbles sarcastically.

Both teams slowly walk towards one another, then jog, then fully run towards the other. The purple glow around my hands becomes more intense when I pick myself up and launch myself into the air. Wanda and I come face to face in the air and we both try and knock each other back.