BONUS Chapter 1

A/N - I MESSED UP! This chapter was supposed to be before the other one and I didn't notice until now! Sorry for my mess up, please bear with me! At least you guys get two back to back updates (lol!)...

Above is Erin's outfit for this chapter.

Happy Reading!

|LeeandSara11|

Even from the room I sit in, I can hear the camera shutters clicking rapidly and the chatter of eager reporters. The rumours had gone on for long enough. Tony and I both decided that my return should be made public. Only a few weeks ago I was being proclaimed as the newest hero, Fade, and now I was going to have another title to bear. I feel Dad softly place his hand on my shoulder as he holds me close. Only then did I notice I was shaking.

"Remember, I can do all the talking. You don't have to do anything you don't want to," he whispers in my ear. I shakily nod my head in response before Pepper takes him away to the makeup team.

As soon as he leaves my side, I begin to vibrate from nerves and fear. What if they found out about my past? What if they viewed me as the villain and not the hero? The questions kept being shoved through my head, making me feel like I'm suffocating. I quickly walk out of the room with a tear slowly falling down my face. Quickly find a bathroom, I lock myself in it as I slide onto the floor.

The tears didn't seem to stop, my breaths following suit. I grabbed onto my chest as if it was about to cave in on me, my fingernails leaving their mark. A quiet knock echoes throughout the room, but I am unable to open it. The door opens on its own as a pair of heels click against the concrete floor. It closes to reveal Pepper, a look of concern on her face. She carefully slides against the door and sits beside me.

"You know," she whispers. "the first conference I had to give on behalf of your Dad, I felt the exact same way you do. I couldn't control my breaths and my chest was so tight I thought it was going to explode."

"How do I make it go away?" I ask desperately.

"Taking some deep breaths. Having a friend." Pepper says. I slowly take in a controlled breath, my chest hurting as I do so. The pain makes me anxious again making me spiral. Before I travel to deep in the rabbit hole, Pepper grabs onto my unoccupied hand and gives it a comforting squeeze. I look at her and try to follow her breathing as I begin to calm down. Once all the anxiety had gone away, and my head became clear once more, I stand from the dirty bathroom floor. Pepper soon follows.

"Thank you," I say with a smile on my face.

"It was no problem. We should probably get used to each other since both of us are going nowhere." Pepper jokes causing me to lightly chuckle.

______________

"Now we invite Tony Stark himself to the platform to share a few words." A random stranger says from the platform. Dad stands from his seat beside me in front of the crowd and quickly steps onto the platform.

"A few weeks ago, the news media introduced the world to the newest Avenger, Fade. She was a great asset during our battle with Ultron and is among one of the most powerful on our team. But she isn't just the newest member of our team. A few of you will remember me introducing my daughter, Erin, to the public. Then, I lost her a couple of years later. In that time, I didn't know what was happening to her. And I sure as hell didn't know that she was going to be completely like her dad."

A few chuckles are heard in the crowd.

"Fade isn't just a new member of the Avengers. She is also my long lost daughter, Erin Stark."

The crowd erupts into a mixture of questions and the snap of pictures being taken. Dad then waves me up to the pedestal. I nervously stand from my seat and thanks to Dad's security team, I'm safely escorted to him. Dad and I then are forced to share the microphone as a stream of never-ending questions ensues.

Thankfully, Tony answers most of them. I just stand there while nodding like a robot. Just as I was about to escape, one reporter's question somehow got underneath my skin.

"It's been confirmed through multiple news sources that your daughter was not only taken by the criminal organization, HYDRA but also trained into one of the deadliest as well as youngest assassins to date. Then she became even more dangerous once HYDRA gave her powers that were on display during the fight with Ultron. How can we as a society know that she truly is here to protect us?"

Tony goes to shoot down the question but I hold my hand up as I look menacingly at the reporter.

"Good question," I say into the mic. "But, how can I be sure you're not going to twist my words? I'm here to protect and that's all you need to know."