Chapter 25

Your POV

Jack and I was getting ready for my doctors appointment with Dr. Schneep today, Jack helping me choose an outfit.

"Do you want to be comfortable?" He asked, looking into my dresser.

"Of course." I ran a hand through my bed head, thinking about a shower.

"How about a sweater? And some leggings? It's usually cold in hospitals."

I nodded, realizing he wouldn't see me because his back was turned, "Yeah, that'll work. I'm going to go take a warm shower. I'll be right back."

I walked over to him and kissed his cheek, then when I turned to leave, he gripped my hand gently and made me look back at him, "Can I join?"

I raised an eyebrow, "I'm only showering. If you do come with me, no sex. At all."

He nodded, chuckling, "I know."

"Then come on."

We proceeded into the bathroom, taking a quick shower together, then getting dressed for the day. Once I was ready, I went downstairs to find Jack already in the living room, waiting on me.

"Ready?"

I nodded and sighed, "Yep."

We made our way to the hospital, me being in no big rush to get there; I wasn't exactly... excited to be spread open and looked at, most likely judged, by, at the most, three doctors. (If that sentence is confusing, just read 'looked at by three doctors' and skip the stuff in between the commas 😂)

My phone buzzed in my lap, making me pick it up and look at what made it buzz. It was a reminder about going to the doctor today, even though Jack and I had already set out to get there. 'Why is it going off now?'

The car came to a stop, startling me a little. I looked around to see we were already sitting in the parking lot of the hospital, so I sighed and grabbed the door handle. Jack lead me into the hospital by my hand, almost dragging my resentful body.

I already knew there were going to be needles involved, so, naturally, I wouldn't want to willingly walk up to one that was waiting for me. Even if it was there to help me, it was a big nope from me. (Needles are fucking assholes. I'll never shoot up drugs, that's for sure.)

We sat in the waiting room for what seemed like an eternity, my thoughts about needles stabbing me not ceasing. I nervously tapped my foot on the ground, feeling my palms getting sweaty as the anticipation rose within me. 'I hope there isn't many needles.'

Jack's hand snaked onto mine, lacing his fingers with mine. I blushed from embarrassment of my palms being so sweaty, knowing Jack felt the wetness. (*clears throat* Take that last part as you will.)

He leaned over and kissed my cheek, "Don't be nervous, babe. It'll be okay." He whispered, kissing my temple.

I bit my lip, "But the needles, Jack." I whispered back.

He chuckled softly, "It'll be okay, I promise." He started to reach up to my face with his hand, but my name with Jack's last name (again) got called out. We both got up and followed the assistant back to the exam room, where we patiently waited for Dr. Schneep.

My knee bounced quickly, my hands laced together on my lap. I tried to calm my thoughts, but nothing worked. Then Jack crossed my mind, calming me almost completely. I looked over to him and smile, getting a soft smile back.

He got up and walked in front of me, hugging me. He cradled my head on his chest with his cheek and hands, placing a soft kiss on top of my head every so often. I put my arms around him, my thoughts on him completely. 'I love him so much.'

A knock on the door brought me back to Earth and reality, then Dr. Schneep came in. He had a surgical mask on, along with a little hat. He also had on blue gloves, scrubs, and a white lab coal on, looking like a stereotypical doctor, other than the green tips of his hair.

He cleared his throat and rubbed his hands together, "Ready to do this, Mrs. McLoughlin?" He asked, looking at me.

Jack chuckled, causing my attention to turn to him, "We're not married, Dr."

"Oh, I'm sorry, my mistake!" The doctor said, a little chuckle after he finished talking.

"It's okay, I didn't mind." I smiled and stood up.

Dr. Schneep nodded and smiled, "Then if you don't mind, Mrs. McLoughlin, follow me."

I followed him out into the hall, letting him lead the way to another room where all the needles and other objects lay, awaiting my arrival.

Jack's POV

"Then if you don't mind, Mrs. McLoughlin, follow me."

(Y/n) and Dr. Schneep went out of the door, closing it softly behind them, leaving me with my thoughts running wild. '(Y/n) is okay with my last name? That's great! Does that mean she wants to be married any time soon? Hell, we're only on our forth month together. Maybe in a few months, but I know I want to be with her for the rest of my life. She makes me so happy.' I smiled and looked at my hands, the hands that have touched (Y/n) delicately when she was feeling down, or a pleasurable way when she wanted it. (Oof)

I examined my left hand, imagining a metal band around my ring finger. 'I need to figure out what I'm going to say when I propose. I already know it needs to be raining, because she loves the rain, which won't be too hard to find a day for that, considering it is almost always raining.' I looked out the big windows across from me, seeing rain drops rolling down the glass.

I thought for a while longer, then got sidetracked, ending up thinking about a video game I played years ago. I got my phone from my back pocket and looked at the time, seeing that was already 1 pm, two hours after we left.

'What's taking so long?'

Alright! Chapter 25 coming at you with 1100+ words!

What's happening? Oh, that's right, a CLIFFHANGER!! *laughs evilly* (no need to worry tho 😂)

Also, I found this fucking awesome song, it's "Bad Listener" from Beartooth. Let me know if you've ever heard it, because it's fucking lit. (I haven't even thought about the word 'lit' in a long time... I'm disgusted with myself for using it now 😂😂)

But anyway, punch that vote button in the face LIKE A BOSS! I'll see you doods in the next chapter!