Chapter 1 - Dont bite my head off!

One foot after the other Estelle you can do it. It's a new country, people won't act like they did in the Uk it's fine. Just calm down

Oh great now I'm talking to myself

It's working isn't it? My inner conscience snapped

Deep Breath in, deep breath out.

And breathe...

Taking a sharp corner and praying to god it's my next classroom I open the door.

Suddenly 20 sets of eyes are on me and I let out a breathey laugh.

"Urh" I fumble through the many papers I've got to carry. "Mr Enderpeck?" I ask sheepishly.

He frowns for one reason or another before asking the ultimate question

"New girl?" I let out another shakey laugh and he just sighs, turning to his desk, he begins ruffling through the many draws.

I stand frozen at the door and look around the classroom, all eyes on me. Mostly glances of curiosity, a couple students looking at me like I'm their next target. Finally my eyes land on a boy that screams scary.

Muscly arms bulking out of his hoodie, his chocolate eyes burning, melting my icy blue ones. His eyes fixated on a glare but soften slightly, I offer him a smile he glare again.

Sheesh

"Ahh Miss Woods?" The teacher exasperates

"Yes sir"

"Take a seat, last row, chair 8" he lets out another sigh but hands me a worksheet

Wow am I really that much trouble?

I begin making my way to the back of the class, only to be tripped on the way.

I watch as all my papers fall but I manage to stay straight. I look over to see some bleach blonde filling her nails.

She meets my gaze and snarls so I lower my head and regather my papers my pony tail tickling my cheek.

I begin standing up but a harsh shove on my shoulder and I collide with the cold floor.

Restrained laughs echo the class and I take in a sharp breath. The palm of my hand feeling slightly warm, I pull my self up and scurry to my seat.

Seated next to scary boy. I look down at my hand to see some blood trickling from the centre of my palm.

Feeling slightly nauseous, I take deep breaths. Looking for the source, of the cut, it's a small gash not that long or wide.

Looking around, everyone's working and the teacher looking tired with his life.

Maybe he's not happy with his home life?

Now is not the time to be playing counsellor.

Oh right

Casually holding my hand under the table and leaning forward I take my pencil and begin writing on the worksheet.

Finishing my calculus questions in under ten minutes I take a look at my hand and see it's dried up, already healing. Once again i 'casually' hide it, by closing my palm. And resting it down on the desk.

Today is already going spectacularly!

Sarcasm.

"You should sort that out" a deep voice says from next to me.

I jump in a frightened state and my whole body jolts in surprise. I turn to be met by the not-so-glaring eyes if Mr.Scary boy. Giving off a 'look me in the eye and you won't last long' vibe.

"Excuse me" it comes out sassier than intended and obviously the boy is taken back as much as I am.

My cheeks feeling slightly flustered I turn back to the worksheet, doodling in the corner

"I said. you should get that sorted out." he punctuates through a tight voice

"Get what sorted out?" I ask playing dumb, I spare him a glance to see his head down not even looking at me.

How did he know if he didn't look? I ask myself

"Your bleeding hand" he states like it's obvious

Which it is.

"My hands not bleeding" I stupidly deny

"Of course not" he replies sarcastically

"No need for the attitude" I mumble to myself

Why? i have no frigging clue

"Excuse me" he asked slightly irritated

"Jeez don't bite my head off"

His head shoots up "what did you just say to me?" he asks through gritted teeth

Why is he so angry, what did I do?

"No one. And I mean No One. talks back to me" he states through gritted teeth. We are gathering curious- no worried glances

"Urm" I begin stuttering feeling a familiar yet unpleasant flipping in my belly.

His head randomly snaps to the bystanders sending a blood curdling glare, I swear I saw someone shake with fear

"This class sucks balls anyway." he stands up and leaves more dramatically than needed.

What did I do?

I look around to see people looking at me again. Some smirking, some scared, very scared.

I'll ask again...

What did I just do?

---------------

I'm sorry I cant stop myself I came up with a new idea for a book as had to write it down, it's like an addiction, I need to stop

Please comment and vote and follow!