1

Zoey's pov

I've just moved here, Australia, from England. Yeah I know a massive move and I didn't really like it at first because moving here meant leaving my friends and everyone behind. Then again it wasn't really my decision. It's just me and my mum, dad left ages ago and my sister is quite a bit older so she's off doing her own thing. Me being only 16 meant I kinda had to come and I thought this will be a new start. New life. New me.

We've been here a few days now but hadn't had the chance to go outside and explore. I pulled on a pair of light-coloured shorts, a white crop top and my white converse. I put my hair in a side fish tail plait, grabbed my bag and phone and went downstairs.

"Mum, I'm off out to have a look round"

"Okay but be back by 6 for dinner"

"Okay mum...bye"

I walked out of my house and first just stood there, admiring the view. the rest of the houses all looked pretty much the same as ours but it was still refreshing. It wasn't that much different to the streets back in England either. However, in England I knew my place. I knew who I as friends with and who I wasn't. Who to joke with and who not to piss off. Something about this place caused a shiver to run down my spine. As if someone has taken a bony finger and slowly ran it down my back. I shook this feeling off, it's probably just nerves. I am new after all. I walked off down the street to see if I could find any shops. As I was walking I could hear there were a couple of people behind me, I just ignored them but then I heard one of them say something.

"She should really not wear shorts, has she seen what she looks like?"

"Yep, she looks disgusting"

My eyes started to water then the tears came. One by one at first but then the flood gates opened. I ran off but not looking back to see who it was. I knew they were boys by their voices. I ran back home, rivers streaming from my eyes. Maybe I am those things. There were girls back home who used to say those things so they can't be lying.

I stopped at my front door. The blazing red door never looked so terrifying when we had arrived. Now it looked like it was taunting me. Before I reached for my door handle I tried to wipe the tears away but I knew my eyes would be as red as the door. I went in and ran straight to my room before my mum could ask me any questions like why I was back so early. I hope I hear those boys again.

****

Ring. Ring.

I hit my alarm clock to stop it from reminding me that this was my first day at school and it was a Monday, why couldn't it be Wednesday or something? I got up so I had plenty of time to get there, it was only like a 10 minute walk but whatever. When I was washed I put on light blue skinny jeans, a floral top and my white converse. I put on some mascara and light pink lip gloss, I grabbed my school bag and went downstairs. Mum was in the kitchen,

"I made you some breakfast"

"Thanks mum but I'm not hungry and I'm gonna get going"

"Okay well have a nice day and try to stay out of trouble"

"Always do mum"

I left my house and headed for school, I am so nervous. I arrived at the big, green gates. I was greeted with everyone's eyes and whispers.

"Oh look a good girl" this came from a group of boys, all with tattoos and piercings, I thought I recognised the voice but I just ignored it and went to the front office to get my time table.

"Hi I'm the new girl, Zoey May"

"Ah Miss.May, here's your time table and if you wait a couple of minutes there will be someone here to give you a quick tour" I nodded and sat down.

A couple of minutes later a boy with dark brown hair nearly black hair came along.

"Hey I'm Calum, you must be Zoey?"

"Yeah that's me, so does this mean you're my tour guide" I realised I was staring, you can't blame me though because he's so hot.

"That's me, come on"

****

"So this is your locker and can I see your time table?" I passed it to him "the lesson you need to be in is maths"

"I hate maths"

"Yeah I do to, I'll take you come on"

He took me to my maths class and knocked on the door.

"Sir, this is the new girl Zoey, sorry she's a little late I was taking her round the school"

"Thank you Calum"

Before he went he whispered in my ear. "I'll meet you at your locker at lunch" I turned and smiled at him and nodded. He left, shutting the door behind him.

"Please take a seat where there is a spare one, there's one at the back next to Mr.Hemmings"

I nodded and walked to the back and sat down next to a boy with a blonde quiff, tattoos and piercings, he's one of those boys from the group of them earlier. I was listening to the teacher totally not understanding what he was saying when I felt hot breath greet my ear.

"I'm Luke and I see you've covered yourself up a bit from yesterday" I turned and looked at him, it was him, he said it. I just ignored him and tried to concentrate on the lesson.

"Oi, I'm talking to you"

"Well I don't want to talk to..."

"Mr.Hemmings and Miss.May out now, I do not except talking in this class"

I grabbed my bag and walked out with him following me. I could feel his eyes burning into my back.

"Oi Zoey I wasn't done talking to you" he grabbed me and pulled me close to his face. "What is your problem Zoey?"

"What's your problem Luke?"

"You" I stood there absolutely speechless. What the hell?