A Life Changing Accident

It was late at night and an engineer by the name of Jacob Clark was busy putting the finishing touches on his mech suit. 

This particular mech suit had taken him 2 years to complete, from planning it to actually building it

This particular mech suit had taken him 2 years to complete, from planning it to actually building it. He stepped back and ran a few diagnostics on the suit to ensure it was up to standard.

"Swarm Missiles ready. Rocket ready. Main Gun ready", the mech suit's on board computer said. Jacob smiled and looked over at his best friend Lucy, who was sorting out her own personal mech. Lucy climbed into her mech and started it up. The systems started up perfectly. She began to test the weapons but then the suit began to malfunction. She attempted to get out of the mech but the cockpit was jammed. She banged on the window to get Jacob's attention. Jacob ran to the cockpit and tried to dislodge what was blocking it. The suit began to suffer a power surge and Lucy screamed in pain. The suit then shocked Jacob to the point that he was knocked out for 5 hours. When he came to, there was a huge hole in the wall and Lucy was gone. He had to find his best friend. He climbed into his suit and started it up, before running out of the base and trying to find a signature for Lucy. He found one quite some distance away and began heading in the direction of the signature. He hoped Lucy would be ok. She'd been his best friend since they began university together. Jacob couldn't bear losing his friend to something like this. He equipped the main gun just in case it wasn't Lucy and began running towards the signal as fast as his mech suit would allow. He wouldn't lose her. Not now, not ever.