03

CHAPTER THREE

goal vote: 180 votes

And then something hit me.

"So if I am born in 1520 and now is 1530, you're telling me, I'm 10 years old?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes in disappointment. "Why am I so tiny for a 10 year old kid?"

Elfido laughed a little, rolling her eyes and crossing his arms. "My lady may not be aware but that what a child's size is, though it really depends on the genes, and it's pretty normal. Unlike in your place where children are tall already because it's in the family's genes."

I cooed, shaking my head as if I got what he was trying to say. "Let's just pretend I understood that."

"Don't worry." He grinned. "When you grow older, you will be taller than you thought. It's probably the french family's genes."

I truly did not understand everything, except for the french word as that's what they call their people. "That's true but—"

"Yes?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you calling me 'my lady'?" I asked, raising back and eyebrow at him. "You've been calling me that since awhile ago."

"It's because it's the only proper way to call the one that the Goddess approved, right?"

I rolled my eyes, and giggled. "Approved, my ass."

Elfido tilted his head in confusion, and I inhaled sharply before looking at him. "But can I ask you something?"

"What now?" He groaned, probably annoyed by the fact that I have several questions.

"What is my mother wearing? Pretty sure you have seen them. The dress is beautiful."

His back slumped, and mouth went agape, and looked at me as if I'm the dumbest person in the world. I mean—you can't blame me, it's not that I know all the time, and I haven't seen them.

"It's called ball gowns here, and that is the traditional clothes for noble people. Though it's different for the commoners." He explained.

Traditional clothes? I thought, index finger tapping my chin, and looked at Elfido again yet he wasn't there anymore.

"Princess," A maid called out of the room, greeting me. "It's time for dinner soon."

Eyebrows knitted, I took a glimpse at the outside, realizing that it's already near dinner time. I didn't even realize as I sighed in disbelief. I stood up from my bed, and the maids entered the room with my clothes prepared just like any usual way of going out of the room.