Fatherhood (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"C'mon, sweetheart let's go home," Josh held his hand out for Jade and she walked over, backpack hanging on her shoulders. She kept brushing her bangs out of her eyes and Josh smiled. "I've got a barrette in the car we can clip your back in there."

"Okie dokie," she replied happily as she grabbed her dad's hand and walked out of the house.

Once they were in the car, Jade's hair was clipped back, she was buckled in the back seat, and Josh had his phone plugged in with music going they were making their way towards Josh's apartment. "How was school?" He asked.

"Good," she hummed, looking out the window. "Oh my gosh I almost forgot!"

"What did you almost forget, bug?" Josh asked, smiling to himself.

"Mia had her uncle write down her Mommy's and Daddy's numbers and his own since they're gone. Can we have a play date on Sunday? Pretty please? I know it's a snuggle day but we can snuggle extra hard tomorrow to make it up for it," she told him.

Josh glanced at her through the rear view mirror. His daughter was kicking her feet back and forth since they didn't reach the ground and she was twiddling her thumbs as she glanced out the window. His heart melted at the sight. He loved her so much and was so happy he decided to stick around.

"I don't know..." Josh sighed. "What am I supposed to do while you're gone? Snuggle by myself?"

"You can snuggle with Tyler!"

Josh choked on his own spit as Jade sat in the back giggling. "Jade..."

"I'm just kidding, Daddy," she laughed. "You're only allowed to snuggle with me. That's the rule."

"That's the rule, sweetheart," Josh agreed, laughing. "Let me call Tyler when we get home and see what he says, okay?"

"Okay," she paused, leaning her head on the window. "I love you."

"I love you too, honey."

---

"Hello?"

"Uh, hi," Josh spoke as he watched Jade lay on the couch, watching We Bare Bears. "Is this Tyler?"

"Yeah..."

"It's Josh."

"Oh! Hey! What's up?" The man asked, sounding much happier than before. Josh figured that it was because he wasn't confused anymore.

"Jade gave me a piece of paper with your number on it and wanted me to ask if she could have a play date with Mia on Sunday. We're free all day but she's just gotta be home by five to get ready for school."

"Let me check. My sister left me a calendar with everything I needed to know," he laughed. Tyler was silent for a moment but the sound of paper flipping was heard and Josh assumed he had a planner. "Mia's got dance from noon to one but after that she's free."

"Perfect that works for us," he couldn't help but smile. "Thanks for agreeing to this," he chuckled. "Jade's been talking about it non-stop since she remembered in the car and my mom texted me and told me that's all she talked about when she was at her house after school."

"Oh God Mia's been the same," Tyler snickered. "Tyler can Jade puhlease come over this weekend? Please please please?" He said in a higher voice making Josh laugh even harder.

"Sounds like they both need this," he sighed happily. "So two works on Sunday?" He double checked.

"Mhm. I'll text you my sister's address since I'm staying there right now."