Goblins, Orcs, and Trolls. Oh My!

After a few moments of walking, Legolas asks me quietly, "You said that you know Gandalf mentioned how long the trek of Moria would take...you were not there when he mentioned it. Either you're keeping something from us, or you've been to Moria before, which...I doubt anyone other than a dwarf or goblin has been to." I silently hold my breath. What do I say, what do I say, whatdoIsay.

I sigh and whisper as quietly as I can. "I made a promise to Elrond not to compromise this mission, if anyone knows the truth, it is endangering our victory. Do you understand?" Legolas looks at me confused and angry. "I'm a century storm survivor" Legolas stopped walking.

"You what?!" He whisper-shouts, causing the entire fellowship to stop and stare at us. I quietly shush him.

"Can we save this conversation until we are out of Moria and maybe have the time to rest and talk?" I whisper. Legolas just stares as a response, and we keep walking.

After a few hours of walking, for me limping, we came to a split in the path. "I have no memory of the place." Gandalf murmurs, frowning at the passages. Gandalf sits down, facing the three archways. The rest of us all find a place to sit.

"I must know-" Legolas starts.

"Legolas-!" I whisper.

"You are a century storm survivor?!" He whispers, cutting me off, not letting me get away with changing the topic.

"Yeah, ok, I'm not from Middle-Earth...I don't think Frodo should be carrying the Ring because I think I should be. Not because I want the power or any stupid reason like that. It's because I do not feel any connection to the Ring what so ever. I do not feel it's pull. It doesn't speak to me the way it speaks to everyone else here...I won't be tortured by being the Ringbearer - Frodo will," I explain, pissed off. "I gave Elrond my word I would not interfere with the decisions made at the council so I have to stand by and watch knowing there is a much better way of doing this,"

Legolas takes my hand in his. Just that simple gesture spoke more than any words could. We sit down on a rock facing the steep walls of Moria. I rest my head on his shoulder, sleep almost overtaking me.

"Ah! That it's that way!" Gandalf says pointing to the tunnel furthest to the right.

"He's remembered!" Merry says, relieved.

"No, but the air doesn't smell so foul down there. If in doubt, Meriadoc, always follow your nose!" Gandalf say, walking down the steps towards Dwarrowdelf.

I sit up as Legolas stands. He helps me to my feet, and I bite back a yelp of pain. We turn towards Gandalf, without letting go of each other's grasp, we made our way down the stairs, deeper into Moria.

The stairs eventually stop, and we see that Gandalf waited for us to arrive. "Let me risk a little more light," he says, tapping his staff. The light crystal illuminates more to reveal massive pillars stretching up to the very top of the cave. "Behold! The great realm and Dwarf city of Dwarrowdelf!" he announces softly.

"Well, there's an eye opener and no mistake!" Sam says in awe. We walk slowly taking in how impressive the city is. We are snapped out of our entranced state when we hear Gimli yell in shock and grief. We all turn to look at him as he runs towards a room that has two skeletons at the doorway.

"Gimli!" Gandalf shouts after him. We run after him - well, they run after him while I lean on Legolas for support. I feel kinda bad that he has to practically carry me through Moria.

"No! No... oh, no!" Gimli cries. Legolas and I enter Balin's tomb last. I look around and see many skeletons of dwarfs and goblins laying around and it makes me feel a little sick.