Chapter 23: Kenny Or Jane?

Start from the beginning

"Don't."

"It is, isn't it?"

"I'm warning you, little shit!"

"You're just another Type-A asshole tryin' to save a bunch of dead people."

"Don't you fuckin' talk about them!"

"Shut up! Both of you!" Clem shouts at them. "Stay outta this, Clem." Kenny said. "Don't tell him what to do!" Jane yells. "You listen to me. You mouth off about my family and I will fuckin' end you." Kenny warned her. "I am so sick of this wounded warrior crap! Just pull over! I can't take this." Jane said, annoyed and angry.

"What, runnin' away again? What a fuckin' shocker!" Kenny shouts. "In the end, still only care about yourself, right? "

"And where were you when Sarita died, Kenny? Huh? Where were you?" Jane asked, making Kenny's eyes widen. "I was there. I couldn't...damn you! I loved that woman!" Kenny shouts. "Who could love you?! Look at you. You can't raise this kid it's scared to death of you!" shouts Jane. "I got this way savin' your ass from that hell hole. And I would've left you to rot if I'd known what you were." growls Kenny. 

"Jane, Kenny loved Sarita!" You shout at her, angrily. "Of course he did. He loves having anyone around that does what he says. That's why he loves this kid so much; it can't talk back yet." Jane spat. "Fuck you." Kenny shouts.

"You know the thing about people like you, Kenny? You're just a bomb waitin' to go off. Everyone talks about you behind your back because they're afraid of you." Jane said. "That ain't true." said Kenny. 

"Mike. Bonnie. Sarita."

"You fuckin' liar, that ain't true!"

"Everyone around you knows that sooner or later they're gonna end up dead. Sarita knew it, I know it, and so does Clement and (y/n)!" Jane screams.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO TALK ABOUT MY FAMILY!!!"

"FUCK YOU!!"

"YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!"

"GO TO HELL YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

Suddenly, Kenny looks out towards the road and slams on the brake and jerks the wheel. The truck stops and you were jolted forward then backward towards the seat. You place your hand on your shoulder and slight rub it.

"You okay?" Kenny asked Jane. "I'm fine." Jane replied, flatly.

"How's AJ?"

"He's fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Kids, you all right?" Kenny asked you two as Clem looks you over. "Yeah...." you and Clem replied.

"Kenny, I'm--" Jane started to say but Kenny raises a hand. "Wait, hold on." He said as he looks out and sees a bunch of vehicles clumped together, blocking the road. "Go around." Jane said. "One of 'em might have diesel." Kenny suggested. "We shouldn't stop here." said Jane. "We're runnin' on fumes. Got no choice. When I holler it's okay, drive up closer." Kenny said as he gets out of the truck. "Anything happens, I'll try to meet you there." He said as he gestures towards the sign that said Rest Area.

"Kenny...." Clem started to say when Kenny shuts the door and walks towards the pile of vehicles. "That fucking asshole." Jane mutters, angrily, as Clem climbs over to the driver's seat. "GOD. I can't do this anymore. I'm serious, kids. I tried, but I just can't." Jane told you guys. "Stop making him mad." Clem told her. "Everything makes him mad. How are you guys not seeing that?" Jane asked. "Well, all you're doing is just making it worse." You yelled.