13

•This book is growing so fast. Thank you guys so much for 9k!•

"Well that's odd... did you purposefully put your arm around me then?" I question, starting the car.

He was silent for a moment before opening his mouth, "I did."

"Why?" I ask, still very oblivious.

"You um..." he gnawed on his lip, "you looked uncomfortable, like you were having another nightmare. I thought that maybe you needed comfort... when I put my arm around you, you pulled me closer and looked more calm."

I pulled him closer? Was it because I just needed someone or because I wanted to be closer to him?

"Oh. I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable," I reply, wondering if he was okay with me doing that or not.

"No, no, it didn't. It was actually kind of... nice," he says with a certain softness that makes me glance over.

Heat rises to my face when thoughts appear in my mind. Shut the fuck up, Gavin. Jesus.

"We have a new case today, detective," Conan says as I pull into the parking lot of the building.

"Okay, I'll look at it once I get my coffee," I answer, stuffing my hands in my pockets and slouching a bit after I lock the doors.

"It's alright, detective, I'll get it for you. Just wait at your desk," he replies, holding open the door for me when we reach it.

"Thanks dip-" I cut myself off before I can say 'shit', "Thanks, Conan."

"Of course, detective," he says with a small, cute smile. Fuck.

I grumble swears under my breath as I make my way to my desk, sitting in the chair and turning on my computer. Thoughts run throughout my head as the computer lights up and I go immediately to the case file.

AGENCY NAME        AGENCY QIR NUMBER
Detroit Police DPT     PMA 940551
AGENCY CASE NUMBER       REPORT DATE
84-27475                                      10/14/38
DATE OF OFFENSE
10/14/38

CASE REFERENCE:
Murder

VICTIM:
Cávez, Donny Wildren

WITNESS:
Cávez, Mae Lum

REPORTING OFFICER:
ID #9405 UNIT #428

CASE ASSIGNED TO:
Det. Reed
Conan [RK900 #313 248 317 - 87]

CASE STATUS:
OPEN

INVOLVING ANDROID:
Yes

[The wife of the victim reports that their household Android (AV700) had suddenly attacked the husband with a metal spoon. She had heard the commotion and ran into the room to find her husband dead and an insane looking android ready to strike again. She had locked herself in the upstairs room and climbed out of the bedroom window, jumping. She called the police from her neighbors telephone and when they arrived, the Android was nowhere to be found.]

"Jesus," I shook my head. I didn't understand why some androids still murdered. It didn't sound like the victim was even doing anything to harm the Android.

"Detective, your coffee," Conan spoke, setting in down on a clear space on my desk.

"Hm, thanks," I grumble, reading through the file once again.

I pick up my coffee and sip it, the bitter taste landing on my tastebuds. It tasted a bit different but maybe because I was in a better mood today.

"When should we go check the case out?" I question, looking through the photos that had been taken of the area.

"We can go check it out at 9 if you'd like. It's only 8:30," he responds, having not sat down, instead just standing beside my desk with his hands folded around his back.

"Sure, I guess," I answer, gulping down the hot, brown liquid.

"Alright," he nods, standing still and not taking his eyes off of the floor.

•How was this?•