I shook my head. “You’re crazy.”

He laughed. “And what do you call your friend strapped in that bed?”

A smile escaped my lips.

“Come on. Let’s go sit down.”

~*~

“You’re telling me he’s not technically directly your father?” He asked.

I gazed at the blond boy sitting across from me on the other side of the coffee table. “Nope. The man, Neil,” Tyler nodded. “He was my relative. Technically so was Lucifer, only because he did some hocus pocus none sense with his blood. Anyways I already told you that.”

“So why does he call you his daughter when you’re not really his?”

I shrugged. “My grandmother had kids with a man who was a distant relative of hers.”

“Weird.”

“Tell me about it!!! I guess the two halves of my grandparents gave me a large fraction of the bad side of things.”

He nodded understandingly. “So what did he want from you?”

“To come back here and continue what Neil did. To take control or something...he thought it would have been perfect because I wasn’t all human. My birthday was June 6. I was born at 6:06 in the evening...”

“All 6...the number of the devil”

I nodded.

“But if you weren’t all human and all devil...why are you still...”

I shrugged. “1995.”

“Oh!”

“Yeah,”I smiled. “He was real pissed about that.”

“So in the end when He sent the Guardians down...”

“Jesse was already dead. I knew it the moment he stopped talking, the moment I didn’t feel is breath anymore. Stupid kid jumped in front of me when Lucifer threw daggers my way.”I let out a sad giggle. “So when I had the choice I sent him back. He wasn’t supposed to die. Not like that anyways.”

“Yeah, many people shouldn’t die the way they do.”

“So I thought. Apparently there isn’t much God can do...”

Tyler shrugged. “It’s odd isn’t it? How this system works?”

I nodded. “Anyways, what about you?”

“What about me?”

“What happened to your family?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Oh sure you do.”

“I died before anyone else did...”

I fell silent. Wow that was a stupid mistake “Sorry...”

He shrugged.

“But I mean you didn’t see them from the Crease?”

“I couldn’t. I mean I didn’t want to. I felt like I had betrayed them.”

I shook my head. “But you didn’t. You got sick!”

“I know. Yet, I’ve always felt like I could have gotten better. I didn’t fight hard enough...”

“Tyler,”He gave me a sad smile. Then in attempt to lighten him up I said “...How was your sister like?”

His smile shone a little. “Tracy? She was a gem. Cutest little bugger. She would always follow me around. She was only ten...annoying too. The girl would drive me bonkers!”

I laughed.

“I miss her...I miss my mother too.”

I missed my mom too. I took a deep breath as I stood from where I sat to sit beside the Angel. Gingerly he took my hand. “She was so kind you know? She was always looking out for us and stranger too. Once she saw a little boy running around looking for his mum. She took him in, told him to shuffle beside me in the back of the ol’ Jalopy. It took two hours but we managed to find his mother. She was looking for him in the farmers market.” I watched as Tyler smiled at the memory. His eyes shone a little, but soon it faded. “My dad though, he was a bimbo,”

“A what?!” I gasped.

Tyler shook his head frantically. “No no! Not bimbo the way it means now. Back then bimbo meant a tough guy.”

“Oh,” I laughed.

“He was though, always acting like nothing was eating him up. He was always so hard boiled-it means he was strong-“ Laughter, “I knew when he was upset though, that’s when he would pretend to be all swell. But he wasn’t. Mum also knew. But he stayed strong, even through the hard times you know? When he fought with his father...it was always about money then. Everyone was rich! Everyone had jack and dough.

“But either way, even when he was upset, he’d walk around with a smile. Saying everything was fine. It always would be too...He was a good man.”

“He sounds like a great man.”

Tyler smiled.

~*~

“Do you ever look at other people besides that boy?” The Angel asked as he knelt by my side.

I shook my head, barely looking up at him.

“What about your mother? Aren’t you worried about what she’s all up to?”

“My mother’s dead.” I simply stated.

“My apologies...”

I shrugged.

“And your old pops?”

“I don’t know who he is. Never met him...”

The Angel finally fell silent. But suddenly he shifted his weight off his knee to sit square beside me, his face looking down at the scene underneath us. Other Angles were around the other Creases as well. No one came to sit by me. I mean there were plenty of small peak-a-boos around the place, so people didn’t have to share, yet each Crease had at least two to three Angels. This one usually had one lonely misfit.

I suddenly heard a laugh from a woman behind me.

“Look at her! She’s so sweet to my grandbaby!” The Angel squealed. “We raised them right didn’t we Charles?”

“We sure did honey.” The other Angel replied.

I broke a little inside. No one would have been looking down at me if I had stayed on earth. Not even my mother. Instead I was the one looking down at a boy. It made me wonder if I would ever find his parents up here. I mean I barely tried. Not that I was too selfish mopping around here. But this place was massive. There are more of the dead than there are of the living. So far though, they weren’t in this portion of Heaven.

“Look at her!” The Angel laughed to her husband. “She’s beautiful! And so caring! I miss her Charles! I’m so proud of her! I wish I told her that!”

I cleared my throat suddenly aware that I didn’t have a mother let alone a father to watch over me.

“I’m sure your parents would have been proud of you two you know?” Tyler whispered suddenly placing his hand on top of mine.