chapter 13

"Alright onto Calculus!" I cheered, pulling out my calculus book from my bag and setting it on the desk. I sat next to Light and we were currently finishing up our homework, Calculus being our last subject to work on. And then I would be running out of topics that could pull us away from Leila. Sadly, I was failing.

"No, not yet. You said you would tell me about Emily after we finished Chemistry. Now speak." He ordered and I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"I don't think so. You don't get to tell me what to do." I huffed stubbornly, puffing out my cheeks in annoyance.

"Tell me, or i'll kill her." He threatened, not liking that I was defying his orders. As we sat there in a glaring contest I discovered for the first time in my life, I didn't know who was more dangerous. Him or me. At first thought you would think it was me, considering I have some really awesome powers and a killer scythe. I am the killer of killers, the hunter of hunters. I literally turn the predator into the prey. But without consent from the higher ups, I couldn't use that. And sure, death notes don't work on me, but with Light, it wasn't the death note I had to worry about. Even without the Death note, Light makes a brilliant mass murderer. He's manipulate and persuasive, and an actor so great at times he almost fools me. He isn't reckless and covers his tracks and manages to get rid of all evidence that was ever there. Never before had I ever met a more dangerous, coniving and deceptive wielder of the Death note.

I honestly couldn't find someone better picking up the Death note, or someone worse. I've kind of wondered if maybe this was the dealings of a demon or someone higher up then a shinigami that made Light grab the death note, because a shinigami can't choose who picks up the death note, and the odds of a super genuis who was bored out of his mind picking it up was slim, to almost non-existent. This had to be the working of pure evil. I sighed, running a hand through my hair and leaning back in my chair. 

"Fine, i'll tell you. It's like I said though, Emily is my cousin, from my dad's side. Therefore, she isn't a threat to you. And if you kill her, I don't care if I go to hell, I will be taking you with me, because I will cut you into pieces with my scythe." I warned and his glare thickened. 

"Really?" He asked, voice full of venom and I just smiled mockingly and stood up, slamming my calculus book closed. 

"I don't like being ordered around, Light. And I certainly don't like me or my family being threatened. I'm the one with the power here, don't ever forget that." I growled and shoved my calculus book in my bag and stomping down the stairs and out of his house, stalking down the streets, fuming. How dare he try to order me around! How dare he threaten me! He acts like he's the one with the power here, I am the Reaper, I am the one with Shinigami eyes and being half shinigami, even though I don't technically look like one!

But, am I really the one with the power I pondered. Just a few minutes ago I was unsure of who was more dangerous. It's more like i'm trying to reassure myself that I am the powerful one, not him. But i'm not sure anymore. I frowned, unhappy with the turn of my thoughts. I just wish there was a way to prove that he should be fearful of me, that he should be suspicious of me, not the other way around.    When I was with him, I always felt the need to watch my back or be careful what I say. He doesn't. The Death note user has power over The soul reaper. A small grin spread over my lips at my next thought. 

But not over the world renowned Assassin, V. Light needs to realize who's the one being manipulated. Who's stronger. I have played him this whole time, but he doesn't know it. Maybe it's time he did. 

***

"Are you sure about this, V?" L asked over the phone and I rolled my eyes as I bit into a chocolate pocky, walking down the street. I had changed into something that was much more me, not the role I was playing. I'm not Kaya Shuzumi right now, I'm V, the greatest and most brilliant assassin the world has ever known. I'm wearing a pure black dress that went mid-thigh and it had a black corset tied at the back and had thin four finger straps. I wore four inch black heels, making my usually petite height much taller. Black pearl earrings  hung from my ears and black pearls were placed into my hair.