Waking Moments

He woke up with a pounding head ache in the same white sleeping cell as everyone else. His eyes were bloodshot and all he could think about was what the hell happened to him the night before. The clock beeped and said "it is now 0600 hours and its time for your pills". He groaned and waved his hands over the chest at the foot of the bed. A normal silver tray rose out of the chest with two red gel-pills and a cup of water. He popped them into his mouth and gulped down the water in two huge gulps. The speaker in the top right corner of his sleeping cell sounded with an alarm and after it died down a voice came that sounded as if it had not gotten any sleep.

"Captain Connors, please report to the Incorporation Lab, and bring James with you". said the voice through the speaker.

Connors stood up and got dressed in his brand new military uniform that had bit of the 3000 year old U.S.A. pattern on it. When he was dressed, he walked out of Room 587 and down to Room 740 to get his partner James Mason. When he knocked on the door James opened it.

"T'sup Cap" said James.

"Get dressed and get ready. He wants us in the Incorporation Lab". said Connors. "

"Whats he want now?" said James.

"Looks like we'll have to wait and see" said Connors

Captain Connors shut the door and leaned against the wall across from the door waiting. When James opened the door he was dressed in the same uniform as Connors. They walked in silence down the hall down to the Incorporation Lab. As they stepped onto the pressure plate Connors leaned in and put his hand on the device that read his fingerprints. After the red light turned green under his hand, the door slid open.

They stepped inside and were surrounded by sheer technology.

"What ever happened to humans running machines" James said as he nods to the robots controlling the computers.

"Well ever since the accident in the year 2012...... life's evolved. Imagine, an entire world and it's ecosystem being wiped clean in the span of 30 seconnds. Im sure no one wants to go through that again." said Connors.

 "Its been over 3000's years. You'd think we would've gotten over that fact and it still astonishes me that we haven't learned from our mistakes. It's the fact that we think it'd be easier to live with technology than to just go back to our natural ways." said James.

"Yea, cause we'd be so much better eating tree bark and wiping with leaves." said Connors.