~~~~~~~

“Is everybody ready?” I received angry faces as they marched out of the house, obviously ignoring me. Sighing softly, I walked them to the van, and Aleks escorted them. As he held Rosie in, she turned around and asked,

“Could you please come with us? It will be safer!” I shook my head, and she moaned with sadness. Next came Belli.

“Ximena, I could help you! You know it!” Another negative. Finally, Nubia. Instead of walking to Aleks, she ran to me and whispered,

“Ximena, I want you to kill that man. Entiendes, hermana?” I nodded and hugged my youngest sister in my arms, determined to protect her-

“OPENFIRE!” As the bullets appeared, I push the girl down on the ground, and screamed,

“ALEKS!” Thankfully, he wasn’t in the range so he crawled over and grabbed Nubia. She was shoved in the van, and Renee, who happened to be the getaway driver, sped out of the street. Not wasting time, I jumped up and started shooting random snipers. I got a few, but I wasn’t prepared for someone to grab me from behind. I started screaming to alert the others but fell silent as he grabbed my tits. In anger, I started kicking the crap out of him, but a gun to my head stilled me. I heard him prepare to fire, and my eyes closed.

“MENA!” I opened them to see Aleks running towards me, ripping off his leather jacket. I screamed for him to run away, but he didn’t listen. Instead, he did something else: he jumped into the air, and when he fell on the ground, he wasn’t there. A beautiful pure white wolf stood in his place, misty eyes boring into mine.

Stay calm, Ximena.

With that, I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~

Why did I do that? WHY? Damnit, Declan was gonna kill me! FUCK!

I watched the unconscious girl sleep on my bed, her medium length brown hair stand out on my pure white sheets. Ximena was muttering,

“Nubia, run…Belli, knife…” God, I was in so much deep shit. I ran a hand through my white blond hair as I looked at my best friend.

She was definitely a babe, but not the one for me. I was still waiting for her, my mate. My best friend was curvy yet slender at the same time. With chocolate mocha skin, she was probably the prettiest girl I knew. I remember at first having a small crush on her, but then, everything changed after I shifted. That’s when they explained to me about mates and all; then, I realized that Mena wasn’t mine.

“Aleksander-“ My mother barged in, holding cookies, and she froze as she saw Mena. She glared at me and hissed,

Cén fáth a bhfuil Ximena anseo?” (Why is Ximena here?) In the Irish tongue, I flinched as I heard the harshness in them. She protectively walked over to her, checking her forehead. For years, Mena got along with my parents great. And they loved her; whenever we had a fight, they would always side with her, even if she was in the wrong. 

“Bhí sí faoi ionsaí, agus a shábháil mé a saol.” (She was being attacked, and I saved her.) I could see the wheels turning in her head, and she gasped. Without warning, she ran up to me and smacked me. Her fiery green eyes were staring me down in anger.

“Tá tú buachaill dúr! Tá tú faoi lé linn!” (You stupid boy! You’ve exposed us!) Her voice echoed through the house, making me flinch and cringe in horror. What if Dad heard?

“Cad é a bheadh ​​agat a dhéanamh dom? Bhí sí ar tí bás ceart ann; bhí mé a shábháil. Agus ... I mo thuairimse, riachtanais sí a fháil. Tá sí chun dul i bhfolach, agus sílim go mbeidh sí a bheith sábháilte anseo le linn.” (What would you have me do? She was about to die right there; i had to save her. And...I think she needs to know. She has to go into hiding, and I think she will be safe here with us.) Mom and Dad knew about her being in the Mafia, and thankfully, they never judged her for it. She slitted her eyes at me as she hissed,