HONESTY AND REVELATIONS

Start from the beginning

"It doesn't, I simply wanted to discuss something out of earshot," Hound replied, his optics softening. "Ms. Tanner, I don't think I have to tell you this. But my son is going through a rough year. His father has died, he has had to settle into a new life, with a new family and friends." Alexis nodded her head, knowing exactly where this was leading. "I think you are a nice gal, and so I ask you to do me a personal favor. If you are going to take this relationship further, take it slowly, take it carefully. And if you aren't, don't lead him on any more." He explained. "Mark doesn't need his heart broken again."

Alexis slowly, but surely, nodded her head, understanding where he was coming from. This was his son, the only kid he had since he lost his biological (mechalogical maybe?) one. "I understand," Alexis nodded her head slowly. "I really, really like your son, Hound. But I just need a little more time to figure out exactly what my feelings for him are. And when I do figure it out, I promise, I'll make sure if it isn't that way that I put him down gently."

Hound looked at he, and slowly nodded. Sideswipe was right, Alexis seemed to be a good kid with a good head on her shoulders. And he had a good feeling that he would not have to worry about her breaking his heart like the last girl did. "I understand," Hound nodded his head slowly. "And that is all I ask, that you give him a fair chance, and treat him... Gently."

"I'm not like Maria," Alexis replied. "I would have anyway."

Hound smiled, understandingly able to believe her after all he heard from her lately. So the mech stood up, and nodded his head with a smile on his face. "Then if we have an understanding, we should not have a problem," He told her rather politely. "You can leave now, enjoy your visit, have fun," He chuckled a bit as they both headed for the door. "Just don't piss ol' Prowl off too bad, or make him glitch."

"Sides said that was fun, though," Alexis replied with a mischievous grin.

"So you don't play by the rules much then?" Alexis looked nervous at the mech's reply, but was comforted by the smirk on his face. "Good, rules aren't that much fun anyway."

Alexis smirked, she had a feeling that they were going to get along just fine.

...

Mark hated to say it, but he was relieved when Alexis left around an hour later. Though the Autobots had mostly behaved, he knew that they had at least somewhat overwhelmed her earlier, after all. But it was okay, because at the very least, Mark could say that her first meeting with his "family" had gone much better than expected. "I think that went much better than it could have gone," Hound commented as Mark re-entered the hangar after he dropped her off at home. "Though, Crosshairs will get his chance at telling embarrassing stories. I hope you realize that."

Mark smirked a little bit and shrugged his shoulders. "And when he does? He'll wake up painted pink, with rainbows and unicorns on him," He stated, rather bluntly and without a hint of joking.

The mental image made Hound snort quietly, shaking his head. Between the boy, and his partner-in-crime, Sideswipe, he had no doubt that he could make it happen. Not that he might have approved of provoking an easily angered paratrooper, but still. "What's your coffin size? I think we may need one for you if that happens," Mark frowned, sticking his tongue out. "Don't give me that look, kid. You must have a death wish between Mirage and that idea for a revenge prank."

"I thought we established that when I agreed to be adopted by the gun freak?"

Hound gave a playful pout at Mark for that one. But knew that was a joke, considering he didn't even let Mark within a few feet of his weapons vault. He shook his head a little bit, and popped another "cigar" into his mouth. "Don't judge me, my brother was the worst of the two of us," Mark laughed a little at that. "No trust me, he was. If you ever get to meet him if and when Crosshairs kills you, ask him about his cannons, I dare ye."

Mark had a feeling that he wouldn't have wanted to meet his "uncle"'s cannons. A sentiment only confirmed by the look of amusement that seemed to cross over the mech's face. "Dad?" Hound looked at him with curiosity. "Do you think she'll ever like me, y'know, that way?" He questioned, his eyes lowering to the ground. "I just keep trying to get there, but she's so hesitant."

Hound was silent, that was a good question. Stroking his beard for a little bit, he finally stared down at him again. "I think that relatinships are very complicated, Mark," He replied honestly his mouth curving into a thoughtful frown. "And if this girl doesn't see the fine catch ye are, then well... It's her loss, and she wasn't the one for ye." He then added. "That being said, I hope she does too. She seems like the right fit for you."

Mark smiled, somehow, it made him feel good to hear that from Hound. If anything, it reaffirmed to him the fact that she was something special to him. If not, at the very least, somewhat he had strong chemistry with. And yet he stopped himself short of thinking any further, after all, what was the point? The most he would do is build up a relationship that didn't even exist quite yet. "I hope you're right," Mark replied. "Because something about her just feels right... Something about us feels right." He corrected himself.

Hound smirked, noting how similar it seemed to feel to Mark as he did with his own sparkmate. Could someone so young have already found his own mate? He had no idea, he wasn't sure he wanted to know. After all, he was not ready to be planning a wedding any more than his son was ready to have one. So only time, and several years would tell. "Don't rush yerself into stuff like that too fast, kiddo," Hound offered, laughing. "The quicker you are to find the "right" one, the sooner you settle down."

"Uh, no," Mark shook his head. "I'm fourteen, I don't want that."

"You'd better not," Hound chuckled.

Mark laughed, though he noted the seriousness in Hound's optics and facepalmed. He still had a lot to learn when it came to humans, especially if he thought he would want that now. "Hound," Mark looked up as Optimus approached them both. "I know that we are winding down from the excitement today, but you are needed in the briefing room." Hound raised an optic ridge. "We have... A situation."

"What kind of situation?" Hound questioned.

"Coulton," Mark cringed a bit just hearing the man's name.

"What about him?"

"We have analyzed the footage from the attack in DC," Mark's eyes drifted a little bit at that as anger rose in his chest. "And much to our surprise, we have found one thing off about it." Mark didn't like where this was going, he didn't like it at all. "David Coulton could be seen aiding the Decepticons in the attack."

Hound watched as Mark nearly heaved on the floor, shock filling him. To tell the truth, his processor was filling with just as much shock too. Had their worst fears just been verified? Was David Coulton, a man who had worked for the government for years, really been a Decepticon Pretender? "Frag," Was all he eventually managed to get out of his mouth. "Does Capitol Hill know? Do they have him in custody?"

"Colonel Lennox is informing them now," Optimus replied. "But he no doubt has a contingency plan, and thus we must work quickly. IF he truly is a Pretender, or simply a human ally of theirs. There is no telling what he may have already told Galvatron." He noted.

And with that, Optimus was off to the briefing room, clearly rushed. Mark met Hound's glance, seeing the mech's conflict. "Go," Mark began, taking a deep breath. "Get out there, and find that bastard." He added.

"I'll be back as soon as I can be," Hound nodded. "I love you."

"Love you too."

But even as Hound jogged off after Optimus, he could feel his nerves building. If Coulton really was either one, if he really was that evil, then even he knew they were all in danger now.

...

A/N: Andddd Coulton's secret's out! :P I know it's a long time coming, but I needed to save it until we were closer to the finale. And believe it or not, we are working our way towards that.