"Don't worry about her Alex, she's always like that. But she's really a good person." Jamaicah said. She's a good person? Really? I don't think so. Janette maybe right this time thinking about my failure but thinking that she's a good person? I really don't think so. "I don't get it. We're supposed to help each other for we are of one group. But don't worry, I'll help you out." She continued and grabs my paper on the ground.

I can't believe that at her young age, she's going to help me out.

"Jamaicah, how old are you?" I asked.

"18." She said.

"18?" I shook my head. "Really?" She nodded.

I thought she was 13 or 12 or something like that. She was just at my age? Wow! She looks so young but tall.

"I should be starting now. I think you should go to your room and start studying the book you were given. I can handle this on my own, no need to worry." She said.

"Thank you" I replied.

...

It's been two hour that I stayed in my room. I'm starting to get bored and hungry.

I've been studying this book that Miss Sally gave me yesterday for two hours. I have no difficulty in studying this book because I have a sharp memory.

So, this is why Miss Sally gave me the book. It is so I'll be learned since we will be living here and we are dependent to our surroundings. And Mrs. Tessie told us that we can't import nor export. And we can't go outside too. It is my bad that I said that studying this book is a ridiculous thing. It is really important.

I am astonished by what I have learned today. I never thought that this different kind of plants exists in our land. I guess I just took the world for granted.

We are to plant and harvest food to eat and herbs to make us heal if we are injured. There are poisonous plants and fruits that are mentioned in the book too. And we are to plant them to use to defeat an enemy if there is any.

Speaking of poison

I've been give an apple by an unknown person yesterday! And I didn't think twice that it is poisonous or not! But that apple can't have a poison, right? I'm not dead, right?

I pinched my cheeks. I poke my belly and etc...

Sigh, I should be more careful next time.

But why would he give me an apple?

Is it because I'm hungry?

Why did he know that I'm hungry?

But what if he thinks that I am an enemy even that I'm not?

But the apple has no poison so he just gave me one, right?

But why exactly?

Ugh, I don't know. Maybe mom delivered it to me by him. Yeah, maybe that's the thing.

I looked around.

I wonder why we can't go outside.

Maybe it is restricted because someone may take this place. Maybe a mob will kill us one by one until there's no people living including the owner and took their riches. The place is really opulent though.

I continued to look upon my book

The flowers are really beautiful that even the poisonous plants and fruits can make us deceive that it is good.

We cannot really go outside? I wonder what's out there. I bit there's so many different kind of buildings out there or just simple houses. I wonder what the people outside doing now.