Chapter 6

Aalayam

Dinesh received a call from his senior, instructing him to reach somewhere. He left the house and following his senior's instructions, he reached a deserted area in the gardens of the house. He saw Abhijeet standing on the doorstep of an outhouse like building, on call with Dr Tarika. 

As Dinesh moved inside the outhouse, he found it covered in cobwebs, dust and........blood. There was blood all over the floor....dried blood. It seemed to him that Indali Verma was murdered in this place only. He moved forward and collected the samples and searched for fingerprints. As he finished his task, Abhijeet spoke, "Dr Tarika wants the blood samples of all the family members. She has found something interesting." He smiled a smile Dinesh was very well aware of.

Suddenly the two officers heard commotion. They rushed outside after properly securing the outhouse. As they reached the house, they found that Jatin Verma had returned. Abhijeet spoke, "Welcome back, Mr Jatin." Jatin looked at the officers and said, "I know officers, you want to know where I had disappeared. I had gone to my friend's place. I was not able to accept my grandmother's demise. But then I realized that my family needed me and I came back.

Abhijeet looked at him in the eyes and spoke authoritatively, "I want the details of your friend. And it would be better if you do not runaway again." He looked at others and continued, "I want your blood samples." As soon as he said so, Jwala angrily asked, "Why?? Do you suspect us?" "What if I do?" asked the ACP. "We are her family," said Jwala again. Abhijeet spoke sternly, "I am very much aware of that Miss Jwala. A murder has been committed in the house and my only aim is to find the murderer."

"Why don't you arrest Vishal Singh and Ajeet Rathore? They threatened me....," said Yakshit. Dinesh replied, "Because at the time Mrs Indali Verma was murdered, both of them were in a club. And we have at least ten people and a security camera as a proof of that.

The nurse came and Abhijeet gestured her to begin. She took the blood samples of everyone, including Ramesh and Suneeta, and then moved to Jheel. Jheel exclaimed, "I am afraid of needles." Jwala went to her sister to calm her and glared at Abhijeet, who spoke, "Miss Jheel, your reluctance to co-operate is making you look guilty of the crime." Jwala opened her mouth to speak but was stopped by the ACP. She consoled her younger sister while the nurse took Jheel's blood sample.

In The Car

Abhijeet was sitting in the passenger's seat, thinking hard, while Dinesh was driving. "Find out about the sim card from which Mr Yakshit received the threaten call today. And do one more thing," said Abhijeet. Dinesh nodded and listened carefully to his senior.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Two Days Later

Abhijeet sat in his cabin, waiting for his junior to arrive with the news. Dinesh entered the cabin and spoke, "Sir, the sim card belongs to some Hritvik Kumar. And your suspicion was right."

Abhijeet smiled and said, "Bring Mr Hritvik Kumar to Aalayam. It's time to arrest the criminal."

__________________________________

So, how is it?