「Lily.」Momotarou Mikoshiba x Reader

Normal Pov.

His eyes seemed dull under the grey sky. How cruel was everything, that no one dared to even approach the hurting child. He sniffed. Looking at the sky as water droplets hit his face and forced his eyes to close. He tightened his grip on the bouquet of white lilies, making some of their stems break and their petals to fall to the ground lightly. Once again, he sniffed.

"Are you okay?" He heard a sweet voice call out to him. As he turned around he was face to face with a cute (Hair Color) haired girl, her eyes painted over with concern. He stood frozen before looking away and nodding. His heart was beating rapidly and it confused him, he was only 7, he didn't comprehend any of this complex emotions that were swarming over him.

The little girl smiled and sat on the stone bench and patted the space next to her. The child sat at her side and looked at her. "What are you doing here?" He asked and the girl's smile faltered. "My doggy died so we came here to bury him. What about you?" She replied and kept her gaze on her lap. The child felt his eyes start to burn again and he clenched his little fists. "My grandma..." He said just above a whisper and the girl felt his grief. She put a hand on his shoulder and squeezed. "You know, mommy says that when loved ones die, a part of their soul stays with us." She says now looking up at the clearing sky.

"Do you think so?" The boy asked. He heard a laugh. "Yes, I think so too." She answered looking at him with a kind smile. "Oh." She gasped suddenly making the boy look at her with wide eyes. "What is it?" He asked curiously. She smiled and pointed to his side. "That beetle seems to like you, maybe it is a part of your grandma's soul! It seems like it is trying to make you happier!" She said with a toothy grin and he blushed at that. He looked at the beetle and picked it up, only now noticing how the sky had cleared. He grinned at the beetle.

"Yeah, you're right! What's your name?" He asked and the little girl smiled. "My name is (Your Name), what's yours?" She asked. "I'm Momotarou! Pleasure to meet you!" He said and you nodded. "Yeah, it was really cool to meet you Mo-Kun!" She said and that made Momotarou blush. "Here you can keep these, they are lilies and are pretty like you!" He exclaimed suddenly making the girl blush as she accepted the lilies. "Thank you!" She said.

"Let's promise to always be together!" She said and pulled out her pinky showing to Momotarou and he smiled lazing his pinky with hers. "It's a promise then!"

10 years later...

A teenager was looking at the grey sky as the rain poured down on him. His hands held a bouquet of white lilies. He looked down. He then felt hot water droplets going down his cheeks, it was different from the cold water rain droplets. He realized now that he was crying. He sat down on a stone bench and left the lilies at his side. Someone sat down next to him, but he didn't notice. "Hey, Mo-Kun..." The girl whispered, but he didn't notice. "Mo-Kun, I'm sorry..." She said louder, but he didn't notice. "Why, (First Name)..?" He whispered as he gripped the lilies tighter. "I'm sorry, but I had to do it!" She said louder this time, and he looked at her. But didn't noice her.

The sky began to clear, but his heart didn't.

"You promised!" He screamed making (First Name) look at him with sorrow. "I know... I'm sorry..." She said once again and something caught her eye. She stood up and picked up a beetle and placed it besides Momotarou. The beetle's back was shiny and it caught Momotarou's attention. He looked at it and picked it up. "I'll always be here, I haven't broken my promise." She said lightly as she placed her hands above his.

And he noticed.

His eyes glistened with tears as he felt a soft presence around him. "(Your Name)..?" He whispered and the girl nodded with tears streaming down her face. He smiled lightly with tears streaming down his face. "You were right. You'll always stay with me, right? Even though you're not here physically..." He whispered and stood up with the beetle safely tucked in his pocket.

"I'm sorry, (First Name)... I'll always love you, too..." He whispered and placed the bouquet of white lilies on the gravestone with the words:

Here lies (First and Last Name).
A beloved daughter, sister, friend and girlfriend.
"There will always be a piece of her soul in all of us."
01/12/2001 - 06/08/2018

White lilies: Symbolize that the soul of the departed has received restored innocence after death.

Third character of the mini series done!

I know, I know... I took a long time to write this. But, I recently just lost someone very dear to me and I had to cope with their death. That person's death actually made me want to write this after finally letting go of the sadness

I hope that someone who's grieving reads this so they can pull themselves up, remember

You're not alone

With love,
LovelyShadowsOfMusic ❤️