What!?!?

"KIDS GET YOUR LAZY @$$ DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!! SOMEONE IS COMING TO ADOPT AND I WANT Y'ALL TO CLEAN THIS PLACE UP!!! OR NO BREAKFAST!!!!!"

I was startled out of my nightmare by Ms. Harper yelling at everyone. Ms. Harper was almost as bad a Gabe but she didn't hit us.....

"Come on Evie! Ms. Harper already doesn't like you, I would prefer her to not kick you out!" My friend, Cleo, told me, rushing to get her clothes.

"Oh, yeah sorry. Cleo, if you get adopted today, just know we'll always be best friends. Alright?" She nods now getting her shoes on.

"Ditto Evie, now get dressed before Ms. Harper yells at you again." I do as Cleo says while she waits for me outside. Once I walk out Ms. Harper stomps up the stairs and grabs my wrist harshly.

"Now you listen here you little b*#ch, don't you go screwing up others chances to get adopted by wearing something punky, ok! You won't come downstairs when the nice man comes today, you will stay in your room. This is not up for discussion" Ms. Harper whispered at me.

"Yes ma'am, I will be in my room, making no noise and pretending I don't exist," I say smirking to myself, and crossing my fingers with my free hand behind my back.

Ms. Harper growls and drags me downstairs and pushes me onto the floor demanding for me to 'Shut up and do my chores' which I do.

"Hey Evie, you get away okay?" Cleo comes over to me and starts scrubbing the floors too

"yeah, just a little bruising on my wrist but...I've had way worse." I whisper back and start thinking of how Gabe once stabbed a broken beer bottle into my stomach. I am jolted back to reality when Cleo softly nudges me and gives me a small smile. We both get back to work.

"ALRIGHT B*@TCHES YOUR ALL FREE TO GO GET FOOD EXCEPT FOR EVIE!!" Ms. Harper barks and the other scurry off to get breakfast while I scurry upstairs to escape reality.

-------------------

"No! No, Come on Rowling!!!" I say as I throw down the 6th Harry Potter book on my bed frustrated with something Harry did.

"ALRIGHT BRATS!!! COME DOWNSTAIRS IN YOUR FINEST OUTFIT!!! I WANT ONE OF YOU GONE AFTER TODAY!!!" There goes the old bat yet again.

I quickly get dressed in some black ripped jeans and a mcr shirt completed with black ankle boots.

"Come on Cleo!" I say to my friend who is in a black top and light gray skirt with tights and black flats, complete with a small bow in her shoulder-length, wavy brown hair. We both go downstairs and I head to the bay-window Harry Potter book in hand.

"You! You little punk! Get upstairs now or-" I cut Ms. Harper off.

"or what." I say, entering my new reality in Hogwarts.

No long after I enter, I have to leave, yet again because of a stupid bell going off, giving a warning of 'get in line oldest to youngest' and since this Orphanage has children from ages of 8-17, but I still find myself close to the back of the line. Everyone 11 and younger has been adopted for the most part. I didn't want to get in line but Ms. Harper made me.

"If you won't go upstairs, your getting in the godda@# line" She growled into my ear forcefully putting me in line. Luckily I was next to Cleo, but she was 4 months older than me so I was still stuck near the end of the line.

"Ah, good afternoon Mr. Sanders!" I hear Ms. Harper put on her sweet innocent voice

"Hello, Um I'm here to adopt a kid-preferably around the ages of 15 or 14." I hear the man ask.