Chapter 39: It's The End Of The World As We Know It

Start from the beginning

Fred just nods numbly and George rubs his brother's shoulder. Danneel sighs and turns to a fifth-year Ravenclaw, "Jen. I'm going out to fight. Can you hold the fort down here?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Thanks, hun," She turns to Fred, "Come on let's go find Cass."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

The Weasley twins and Danneel were headed to the North Tower when they found who they were looking for.

"Danneel!" Cass cries and runs to her friend.

"Cass what happened," Danneel says holding her by the shoulders and take in her friend's battered and bruised appearance.

"They tried to mark me," She huffs.

"They tried to what?" Fred exclaims.

"Fred," Cass smiles and buries her face into his chest.

"They tired marking me but Draco got me out. He's here somewhere I thought for sure he'd be looking for you."

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

Voldermort's voice sends chills through Danneel's spine as he informs he's pulling back and giving us one hour to hand Harry over. Instantly, Danneel gets to work treating the wounded and covering the dead.

"Danneel!" Cass screams and Danneel rushes over to her friend so see her crying over Fred.

"What happened?" Danneel asks.

"There was an explosion," Cass cries, "And there was a wall. I tried the mouth and chest thing you should me but..."

"Move," Danneel says and starts chest compressions.

They're not working and Cass cries into George's shoulder as he too cries.

"Come on Fred," Danneel mutters and does mouth to mouth but still nothing.

"Goddammit," Danneel screams and slams a fist on his chest.

He lets out a giant gasp and sits up, "What happened?"

"Oh thank god," Danneel says and slouches down.

"You got hurt," Cass says cupping his face, "But Danneel saved you."

Not caring that his family's watching Cass plants one dead smack on. His mother lets out a gasp but Ginny whispers, "It's okay mom she's a good one."

As Fred is engulfed with affection Danneel makes her way out suddenly overcome with emotion as she still hasn't seen Draco yet. She starts to cry but tries her best to keep the tears in but can't.

"Why the long face love?"

Danneel stops crying and turns around, "You jerk," She yells and punches him in the arm.

"What was that for?" He yells and clutches his arm.

"For making me think you were dead," Danneel cries but then smashes her lips to his, "That's because I love you."

Draco smiles into the kiss. They pull apart but keep their foreheads rest against each other. "What's this I hear from putting your nose in other people's business?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Ginny told me you were playing nurse," Draco says.

"You talked to Ginny? Willing?"

"Yea. She sent me a note once you went into hiding telling me everything and how you wouldn't be able to write. She ain't so bad."