Dreams vs. Reality Part 2

After I open my eyes I pull something off of my head.  I get up and look around trying to remember where I am.  That's right.  He said he'd take me to a spa.  To rest.  I get out of the room and look for the Doctor.  "It'll be fun he said.  Relying after what's been going on, he said.  Relaxing my butt," I whisper to myself.  "What are you doing?"  I turn and see a woman in a nurse uniform.  "Sorry, the machine was making me feel sick.  So, I think I will go find my friend and leave."  "No you're not."  "What?"  "You won't be leaving."  "Oh, really?"  She nods and takes out what looks to be a stun gun.  "Sorry," I say.  "For what?" she asks.  That's when I punch her knocking her out.  I drag her to the room I was in and lay her down.  I open and close what seems to be at least 15 different doors until I find him.  "Doctor, come on you've got to get up.  I know whatever they've got you dreaming about makes you want to stay asleep.  And you might not even want to leave it.  But, I need you..."  "What are you doing?"  I turn and see a man in a lab coat.  "Listen I am not leaving without him."  "Oh, I know.  You won't be leaving at all."  "Why's that?"  "Because I'm going to make you an offer.  An exchange of sorts.  Your dream world was so powerful we almost blew a circuit, even though you didn't believe in it."  "So, that's what all this is for?  Energy?"  "Yes.  And your imagination is so vast that you could keep us running for months, maybe even years."  "So, you're saying that if I stay you'll let him go?"  "Yes."  "Just let me say goodbye to him first."  He nods and I lean in and kiss the Doctor.  "I love you," I whisper.  I walk over to the man.  "Neal," he says introducing himself.  I don't respond and just follow him.  "Now place your hand on the scanner to register for a permanent stay at our spa."  "Yeah, energy source is more like it."  "Just put your hand here."  I sigh and reach for it.  Right as I'm about to touch it I stop and smile when I hear, "I'd back away if I were you."

                                                          The Doctor's P.O.V.

While Rose is off exploring I play with the buttons on the console.  "Incoming transmission," the TARDIS says.  Then a hologram of a woman appears.  "Who are you?" I ask but she doesn't hear me.  "Doctor, come on you've got to get up.  I know whatever they've got you dreaming about makes you want to stay asleep.  And you might not even want to leave it.  But, I need you..." she says. but then the message cuts off.  "Hello.  Hello can you hear me?" I yell trying to get her back.  "Doctor, what's wrong?" Rose asks.  "Rose we need to find her."  "Who?"  "That woman."  "Who?"  "Listen, someone needs me.  There's someone I need to help."  "Who?"  "Jane!"  Jane.  How could I ever forget her  That's the woman I've been seeing.  It was her.  All it took was for me to see her.  To hear her voice.  "I love you," her voice whispers throughout the TARDIS.  "I'm sorry Rose but I have to go."  "I know," she says.  "But it was great to see you again.  Even if I don't always see you I will always take comfort in knowing you're still around."  The TARDIS shakes and falls apart around me.  And that's when I really wake up.  I see a man next to Jane whose hand is hovering over a scanner.  "I'd back away if I were you," I say.

                                                                       Jane's P.O.V.

"I'd do what he says," I suggest to Neal.  He backs up and the Doctor stands with anger and sadness in his eyes.  Whatever they made him see it hurt him.  I run to him and hug him.  "Thank you," I whisper giving him a kiss.  "No problem.  Time to shut this place down."  He walks over to the computer and a red sign flashes.  "What have you done?" Neal asks.  "You made me think my friend came back.  That she never left.  But she didn't come back.  And that made me very angry," he says.  "And you also used these people to give yourselves energy while saying you're a spa.  Which by the way was a terrible time."  He takes my hand and we walk to the TARDIS as people start to wake up and leave.  "So, what did you do exactly?" I ask.  "I created a virus that destroyed the whole system.  And it also woke everyone up."  I give him another hug.  "Hey, I'm sorry about what they made you see.  Who was it?"  "Rose."  "I'm sorry," I say knowing that losing her was very hard for him.  "It's ok.  Besides me losing her only led me to you in the end.  After all those people have come and gone.  All that pain and sadness it always led me straight to you."  "Really?"  "Really. And that is all that matters to me right now.  Because you have always been there for me."  "And I'll never stop," I say kissing him.  "So?"  "So, let's go," he says smiling and running to the TARDIS  like a 5 year old.  And that makes me smile.  Knowing that he loves me and that I love him.

Authors Note:

The picture that I put up for this chapter is what Jane Smith looks like.