The Truth

Jane's P.O.V.

I wake up and get dressed.  Ever since I met the Controller who was the future Doctor things have been different.  When I start to go down the stairs and into the console I hear someone ask," So, she's with you now?"  "Yeah, she's finally here," the Doctor says.   "She doing well?"  "Of course she is.  It-It's just that I wish she already knew."  "About you two?" the man asks.  I lean my head against the wall and then look around the corner.  "Yeah."  "So, why don't you tell her?"  "Because she can't know yet."  I take a step and it makes a creaking sound.  "Jane?" the Doctor asks.  I go around the corner and walk over to him.  I see a hologram of a man dressed like he is from World War Two.  "I should..." he starts to say.  "No, stay.  She should meet you." the Doctor says.  "Meet who?"  "Captain Jack Harkness," he says.  "Jane Smith.  Nice to meet you," I say.  "You too," he says winking at me.  I raise my eyebrows.  "Nothing changes," he says laughing.  I sigh and shake my head.  "I think it's time for me to go.  Bye," he says as the hologram disappears.  After he leaves I turn to the Doctor.  "Is there something you want to tell me?" I ask.  He starts to walk around the console not looking at me.  "No.  Not that I can think of," he says.  "Then why did you say, 'I wish she knew.'  Knew what Doctor?"  He turns around in shock.

                                                     The Doctor's P.O.V.

"You heard that?" I ask.  "Yeah I did."  "Why don't we go somewhere else to have this conversation."  Who knows maybe her knowing will be alright.  At least I hope.

                                                            Jane's P.O.V.

I nod my head and we land.  We walk out and I see it's London.  It's nighttime and it looks like it just stopped raining in at the park.  The Doctor sits down on a bench and runs his hands through his hair.  I sit next to him and he looks me in the eyes.  "Jane, I-I really care about you."  I nod.  "So much that..."  "What?" I ask.  "I love you."  "Wh-what?"  He laughs and holds my cheek and says, "Because you are so, so special.  So beautiful.  So amazing."  I hold his hand and start to cry.  "What are you crying?"  "Because no one has ever said that to me."  "Then I better say it more often," he says close enough so our foreheads are touching.  I close my eyes and can feel his warm breath on my face making me smile.  "What are you smiling at?" he asks.  "Doctor, when I met the Controller he told me about us.  Who I am and what I will become.  But most of all.  He said that he loved me.  And that's how I knew you did.  I was just waiting to hear it.  And you want to know the best bit?"  "What?"  "I love you too."  We lean in and kiss.  I pull away and say, "Did we just?"  He kisses me again saying, "Yeah, yeah we did."

                                                          The Doctor's P.O.V.

She knew.  This whole time she know.  Thank God because I couldn't wait any longer to say it.  That I the Doctor love Jane Smith.

                                                                Jane's P.O.V.

"I still can't believe it," I say.  "Believe what?"  "That you're finally mine."  "It's ok neither can I," he says kissing me again.  "My Doctor," I whisper.  "My Jane."  We get up and wake to the TARDIS holding hands.  "Nice and slow?"  "Nice and slow," he says kissing me making butterflies erupt in my stomach.  After we just sit down and hold each other in silence just enjoying each others company.  I yawn making him laugh.  "Come on," he says taking me to his room.  We lay down and I rest my head on his chest while he wraps his arms around me.  "Goodnight," I say.  "Goodnight.  I love you," he says.  "I love you too. Till the end of time."  "Till the end of time," he repeats as I close my eyes and go to sleep.