"I'm going to t-try and sleep I think. Thank you," she said before putting the popsicle back in her mouth. Seokjin nodded and headed out. Jungkook was waiting outside, slowly eating his own popsicle. Jin closed the door behind himself and the boy stepped forward. The older looked at him hard.

"You can't go in Jungkook. I can't let you hang out up here alone if you don't think you can resist going in," he said warningly. The bunny shook his head hard, his ears flopping to the sides.

"I won't go in hyung, I swear." He walked up to the door and sat down, leaning his back against it. "I just want to keep her company." He was looking up at the man pleadingly and Jin sighed, nodding as he headed off to find Namjoon. "Little fox?" Jungkook called through the door softly. He heard some shuffling and then her voice was close by, as if she were sitting against the door as well.

"Jungkook?" She said softly.

"Do you like your popsicle?" He asked.

"Yes, it is cold and yummy," she said with a tiny giggle.

"I have one too! Mine's blue. But I thought you would like the red one. It's cherry flavored," he said, smiling.

"Cherry? I do like it. Thank you."

"Fox, I...I'm sorry. About earlier. I...I don't know what happened," he murmured, pulling at a string on the hem of his pants.

"It isn't your fault Jungkook," she said softly, just looking at her popsicle with a frown. "It's the male's normal reaction to female pheromones during heat. At least, that's what they said at the facility. It's normal to lose control."

"I still feel bad," Jungkook whispered.

"That's because you're good," she replied simply.

Jungkook smiled. She thinks I'm good, he thought to himself. He settled in more comfortably, bending his legs and leaning his head back against the door as he put his popsicle back in his mouth. They were silent for a moment, then Jungkook spoke.

"What does heat feel like?"

She considered quietly.

"It feels like...like I'm on fire inside. Like I'm burning and burning and the only way to make it stop is..." she cut herself off, blushing. "It hurts." She admitted. "But I feel a little better now than I did earlier." Jungkook frowned.

"But didn't you say mating hurt too?"

"Yes, mating hurts too."

"So which is worse then?"

She thought again for a moment, frowning deeply.

"Mating only hurts for a few moments. And it makes the heat hurt stop. And I think...I think mating isn't always supposed to hurt. So...I'll say heat is worse."

"Oh," he said, still frowning. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright Jungkookie." she giggled after using the nickname for the first time. Jungkook found himself smiling at the sound of her musical laugh. "Thank you for keeping me company," she said softly. They had both finished their popsicles and sat in silence for a moment. "Will you...talk to me?"

"Sure fox, what do you want to talk about?" He asked, smiling to himself.

"I want to know everything," she said, slowly sinking down to lie on the cool wooden floor, curling up with her back against the door and her fluffy orange tail curled around herself. "Tell me everything."

Jungkook blinked for a moment, not sure what to say first. Then he began telling her the story of how he came to be adopted by Seokjin's family.

"I don't really remember what it was like before I lived with them - I was so young. All I remember is - Jin was always there. He is my owner and also my big brother. I love him."

"What about Namjoon oppa?" She asked, her ears perking forward.

"Mmhmm, I love Namjoon hyung too, but -" his fingers strayed up to his collar, tracing the engraving of Jin's name and information. "Jin hyung is my family. We've always been together, you know?" He said, smiling a bit as he thought of his memories with the man.

"No, I don't," she said softly.

"Oh, no fox, I'm sorry I-"

"It's okay. I'm going to try and sleep now Jungkook. Thank you for talking to me," she said softly. Jungkook turned to face the door, a pained expression on his face. He rested his forehead against the wood as he heard the shuffling of her retreating toward the bed.

"Okay little one. Rest well," he whispered. When he heard the bedsprings creak he stood slowly and headed toward his room.

-

Namjoon watched from the stairs as Jungkook slowly retreated. He blinked back the tears that had built when he heard little one's tiny voice sounding so lonely at the end. He wanted to be her Seokjin. He didn't want her to ever be alone again. He headed toward his own bedroom, stopping outside her door on the way. He placed his hand on the wood for a moment.

"Little one," he called softly. He heard the quick patter of her feet as she hurried to the door.

"Oppa?"

"How are you, love?"

"I'm okay. I think I'll feel normal tomorrow."

"Alright. I'll see you then. Little one?"

"Yes oppa?"

"Never mind. Goodnight," he said, squeezing his eyes shut and curling his hand into a fist.

"Goodnight oppa," she said softly, retreating back to the bed.

Namjoon sighed and walked away.