FINALE: PART III

Killmonger's POV

I jumped to my feet immediately after waking up and looked all around, disoriented. Internally, I felt much anger and sadness. I slowly realized that I was still in the arena and that the dream had only been displayed due to the dart they shot me with. I tried to slow my breathing, now that I knew it was fake, but damn had it felt real.

I shook my head as if that would help me refocus, but it didn't. I knew, though, that if I wanted to live then I had to take control of myself. I forced myself to analyze my competitors.

The boy was still passed out on his side of the field. From what I could tell, Kylo Ren was starting to stir. I would deal with the boy later. But the dream was still on my mind.

I had to shake off the distracted feeling I felt. I was on partially focused on the Games. The other part of me was focused on what I had just had go through for the third time. Finding my dad dead and holding him in my arms.

I started towards Kylo Ren slowly, and as I began to run my thoughts about the Games began to overshadow my thoughts about the dream. I grew more focused on the task at hand -- winning.

Kylo Ren slowly and weakly got to his feet. He then turned and saw me coming, quickly igniting his glowing red blade to fight me and pointing it towards me as if he were aiming. I slowed up, unsure of how to approach him. I was less than ten feet from the guy, and we were at a stand-still. I guess we both were unsure of how this would go. His lightsaber buzzed, and I could hear it from where I stood. He kept a careful eye on me.

He then made the mistake of charging at me first. I leapt gracefully over him, but he swung his lightsaber through the air and grazed the bottom of my left foot. I let out a short yell of pain. It had burned -- very badly. It was worse than a burn. That thing instantly charred my foot with white-hot, searing pain and heat.

I grit my teeth from my newly-injured foot as I landed far behind him. I quickly turned to face him, putting no pressure on my left foot.

Kylo Ren was already facing me again, this time with the slightest smirk. I assessed his newly gained confidence and I began to feel . . . A little pissed off.

He swung that lightsaber so quickly in the air it was as if he were bragging to me. I knew I would have to analyze exactly how I would go about defeating him before going to do it. I had to be able to get close to him without him touching me, but he could reach that out more than an arm's length.

He charged again and I swiftly juked him out, faking right and going left. He swung to where I faked and let out almost a growl of fury. I reached in quickly and slashed my arm out. I could feel the ends of my fingers, the claws, digging through his clothes and into his skin. He let out a shout of pain and swung at me. I fell to the ground to dodge the attack and skittered quickly backwards, trying to stay off of my injured foot.

Ren gave me no rest. He charged directly after me again, infuriated by my successful attack on him. I got to my feet. He began twirling his saber quickly, making a fan of sorts that I would be unable to get through. I charged to the left.

But suddenly I was stopped in my tracks. Frozen. By something invisible. I tried to muster the willpower to move my legs but I was as immobile as a stone statue.

I turned and looked at Kylo Ren, who was holding a hand up in my direction, and I could feel that he was the one halting me in place. I began to feel panic rising in me as he approached me. As he grew closer and closer, I grew more and more desperate to break from his invisible grasp. But there was no letting up.

Finally, he was a few steps away from me. It was now or never, if I was going to live. I grit my teeth and tried to force my limbs to move but I was still stuck in place. He pulled his buzzing lightsaber back, and then --

I looked down and saw the red saber piercing through my chest. My vision was fading and I could literally feel my body starting to die.

I fell to my knees . . .

Peter Parker's POV

I was pulling myself to my feet when the cannon boomed. I saw Kylo Ren pulling his glowing red sword thing out of Killmonger, who fell from a kneeling stance to the ground, flat on his face.

Slowly, I watched Kylo Ren turn and face me.

"This is not going to be fun," I whispered to myself, preparing for the big fight. I was just lucky they hadn't come for me while I'd been freaking out and passed out. The dream had scared me, but it hadn't been real . . . I don't think. Anyways, I was ready for the fight.

Kylo Ren began walking towards me slowly. I was getting more and more freaked out by this guy for the second.

And then I realized that I was in the final two. I could get out of this. I could come out of the Hunger Games alive.

So I began charging towards him. As I got closer, the first thing I did was shoot a quick patch of web at his eyes. If he couldn't see, there was less likely of a chance he would freeze me in place like I had just watched him do to Killmonger.

He dodged my first shot of web so I sent another directly after. Just after I sent the second shot of web, I felt my limbs freeze up as he got ahold of me, but when my web hit him directly in the face, he was blinded, and I regained control of my body as quickly as I had lost it. But I did not like the way it felt to lose control. I continued towards him as fast as I could. I had formulated a plan in my mind from, well, myself, when the Avengers had their Civil War and Mr. Stark had nicely included me.

Kylo Ren immediately stuck up his lightsaber straight out, trying to keep me away from touching him. How he knew where I was located with web over his eyes, I didn't know. But little did he know I didn't plan on touching him at all.

His other hand groped at the web stuck to his eyes. He was unable to pull it off.

I shot another web towards him, and it found its target -- on the hilt of his sword thing.

"No!" He yelled out as his weapon flew out of his hands and into mind. "Whoa!" I yelled as the weapon crazily spun in all directions as it pulled back. Luckily I caught the hilt and not the blade part.

Just like with Mr. Captain America, I thought sneakily.

Kylo finally pulled the web out of his eyes and looked at me with a furious grimace on his face. He stuck out his hand and I felt an invisible tug on the weapon, but I held on tightly to it.

However, the weapon did not stop going towards its owner just because my hands were on it. I dug my heels into the ground as I was slowly pulled across the field towards him.

When I was ten feet towards him I shot another web towards his face, which he quickly dodged. I frustratedly sent three more short shots to him. He was unable to deflect them all, and one of them covered his eyes once more.

The invisible grip on his weapon loosened for part of a second so I took my shot. I took the hilt of his sword thing in both of my hands and closed the distance between us before he was able to pull off the web.

I shoved the weapon's glowing blade through his chest and he let out a coughing grunt sound. I did not enjoy killing him. I hated every second of it as I watched him die. He was the first tribute I had killed -- he was the first person I'd ever killed. I had done a lot of capturing and fighting, but I had never killed a human. And it felt . . . More than horrible. It was the worst thing I had ever felt.

I breathed heavily, trying not to let any tears escape as Kylo slowly slid backwards and fell to the ground by my side, dead. A cannon boomed.

Slow hyperventilations left my lips and my vision was blurred by tears. I dropped the saber weapon and it sealed up with a high-pitched whss sound.

I closed my eyes and a tear was pushed out onto my cheek. I continued to try and control my high-pitched, panicked breathing. I was the only living thing left in this arena, if you didn't count those killer birds, wherever they'd flown to.

Then a nasally male voice came over the speakers in the arena. "May I present the victor of the 100th Annual Hunger Games . . . Peter Parker!"

_____

THE END