Rantarou's unfortunate errand

Start from the beginning

"Now Johnny spell the next word!"
"Y-A-R-A-N-A-I—"

"I'm doing fine Saihara, what about you?" Rantarou replied, finally finding his composure. Shuuichi gave him a worried glance but continued the conversation nonetheless. "I'm glad you're doing well, I'm also doing good." He answered, his tone as soft as usual. Rantarou looked away and moved the bag closer to his thigh. Even if Rantarou was smart enough to buy innocent items like food to cover it, it still made itself known to him like the entirety of Mt. Fuji. Rantarou didn't mean to make one slip up that'll cause Shuuichi to take even the slightest glance at his fallen dignity. Even if Shuuichi is a kind and reserved guy who is not really popular, nobody can tell how he'll feel if he saw such a thing.

"Uh Amami-kun, I-I think it's best if we don't talk for a while... or at all..."

"D-does anyone else know about this...?"

"Amami-kun, I didn't think you were... a d-degenerate..."

"I-I didn't expect you to be into this kind of thing..."

"G-gross..."

Just the many scenarios of Shuuichi even remotely showing the slightest of disgust is even to make Rantarou want to combust. At least Shuuichi isn't the kind of person to run to others and yell about such an obscenity or try to poke and prod at Rantarou's business just to watch his skin crawl. Rantarou's mind continued to wander in the worst directions until Shuuichi spoke again.

"Um... I-I'm sorry if it's not the right time to talk..." Shuuichi said rather sheepishly, his only visible grey eye looking away. "Oh no! You didn't do anything wrong! Just didn't expect to bump into someone I knew, that's all!" Rantarou said, trying not to sound frantic. "Ah, I'm sorry for surprising you then... I was just getting back from work..." Shuuichi replied. Rantarou felt a chill go up against his spine.

Shuuichi worked at a bookstore. Specifically... the bookstore he bought that hellspawn of a book from!

Well, it wasn't like it was being sold inside the bookstore. The mangaka had her own stand outside. She probably rented it to sell her books for one or two days. So even so, it's not like Shuuichi got to personally witness Rantarou hesitantly asking the mangaka for a copy and then paying for it. Rantarou honestly would've leaped into the Grim Reaper's hands if that was the case. No way in hell would he want someone to watch him in such a state as he threw away dignity and buy something that could sully his reputation.

"Ah, that bag! D-do you shop there?" Shuuichi asked. Rantarou didn't understand until he saw the bag. Even if she had her stand outside the store, she was still inclined to use their bags. Wait! All the bags are black and non-transparent, no matter the book! Whenever it be a manga, a dictionary, a novel, or a god damn gay doujinshi, no one would be able to know! Rantarou let out a small chuckle. "Not often. Today was just a special day!" Rantarou replied nervously, managing not to stutter. Shuuichi gave a light smile. "Even if it's not often, it makes me happy that you still stop at our store..." Shuuichi said.

"Yeah, when I'm buying a normal book and not some gay doujin that my sister asked for." Rantarou thought to himself. No way in hell would he say that out loud. "Well of course! Reading is nice every now and then!" Rantarou continued with his calm demeanor. Shuuichi then cleared his throat and looked away from Rantarou. "I-I'm sorry, this must be really awkward... I know we don't talk much and you're probably wondering why I'm talking to you but I'm glad that you like to read too..." Shuuichi then sheepishly said. "Are you telling me that you want to talk more?" Rantarou asked. Shuuichi continued to look away. "I-if it's okay..." he replied.

The bus stops were starting to dwindle and the bus was starting to empty out. "It's totally fine with me!" Rantarou said with a warm smile. Shuuichi looked at the window. With the face he made, Rantarou is assuming that his stop is next. When the bus stopped, Shuuichi spoke again. "Um... t-thank you for talking to me..! H-have a good day..! P-please take this!" Shuuichi frantically said and put a small coupon into Rantarou's hand before leaving.

Rantarou saw the bookstore coupon Shuuichi gave him. It seemed rather normal. Rantarou read the fine print at the bottom.

"Not including doujinshi"

At least that was a sign that Shuuichi didn't seem to have a single clue. That was good. Rantarou's stop came and he quickly ran home. Even if he had a nice exchange, Rantarou still wanted to just give the doujin to his sister and end this day.

However, as Rantarou left from the bus stop, someone remained in the bus.
Lowering a phone with an abundance of accessories and a cutesy case, the remaining passenger giggled. Glasses flashed in the limited lighting of the bus.

Lowering the mask, the mangaka smiled. "Out of anything, I didn't expect to sell a copy to Amami-kun and then witness that totally cute moment with him and Saihara-kun!" She said to herself with a smile. "Even if I took some pictures, of course, I won't tell a soul! It's all safe with me~!" The blue haired mangaka then joyfully mused to herself.

(A/N: it's 4 AM... I just wanted to write some shitpost about Rantarou having to buy a doujin but it ended up getting shippy so yeah)