Rantarou's unfortunate errand

Rantarou's hand shook as he held onto the plastic bag. He could still hear the masked mangaka yell out a loud "thank you for your purchase!" With her voice muffled by the mask she wore.

Why would Rantarou be so ashamed and nervous about buying a simple manga? Well, that was the thing. It was no ordinary manga. In that bag carried a special manga that one of his sisters begged for him to get. She desired it so badly that she threatened to not talk to Rantarou for a month if he didn't get it. Of course, she won't be able to actually keep up her threat and will end up saying something to him the next day but Rantarou still didn't want to upset one of his sisters, even if it means that he had to sometimes throw away his dignity like this. All Rantarou could do is at least silently thank the mangaka for at least having a shred of decency to place the accursed book in a black, non-transparent, plastic bag.

Rantarou ran into the nearest bus stop and whipped out his phone. He saw the text conversation he had with his sister, in which she sent a picture of the cover of the "manga" she wanted. Ah screw it, there's no point in calling it a manga. This girl clearly asked him to get a hardcore yaoi doujin. Rantarou peeked into the black bag and compared the two images. Sighing in relief, he shut the bag. Maybe he can buy some snacks and put them in the same bag to hide it a little better. He really didn't need people, especially people from his school, seeing him with gay porn on his possession. Just imagine how Kokichi or Miu would react if they saw this! Shit, they'd have a field day and maybe even ruin his reputation!

Oh god! Who thought a book containing two bishounen men getting it on could completely break down Rantarou's normally chill demeanor like this?! Seriously, how can his sister ever so shamelessly ask her brother to go buy this kind of stuff for her! And this isn't the first time! One time she used the credit card without his permission and when he checked his credit balance, he saw the order from some doujin site that wasn't very discreet about its identity. Of course, he talked to her about it but really! She doesn't learn!

When Rantarou said "at least tell me next time!" He didn't mean to have her tell him to go buy the doujin! He just simply meant for her to tell him that she was going to use the credit card so he doesn't have a heart attack when he sees the sudden quite pricey order under the name of a very obvious doujin site. But here he is, holding a bag containing a doujinshi in a crowded bus stop. And of course, the mangaka had to be a generous person and also include a cutesy, custom-made keychain (which isn't too bad) as well as a rather raunchy print of the boy on the receiving end.

Rantarou headed to the small store next to the bus stop. He might as well treat his other sisters with snacks such as chips and candy. After making the purchase, he placed the goods in the same black bag. Rantarou sighed a little in relief. At least he can now rest easy knowing that it won't be too easy to notice.

It took a while until the bus finally arrived. Rantarou sighed in relief and climbed aboard with everyone else. Finally, he could just go home and end this—

"Amami-kun?"

Rantarou turned his head. His worst fear was just about to happen. That fear being bumping into someone he knows.

However, Lady Luck was on his side. Out of anyone, it was Shuuichi, a quiet kid in his class that he doesn't talk to often, that called out to him. "Yeah?" Rantarou asked, his grip on the bag tightening. "Are you alright?" Shuuichi asked. Rantarou tensed. Right, no one at school has never really seen him like this before. He was always the cool yet cunning one that only made himself known when he wanted to. Now here he is, a nervous wreck.

Of course, there's a difference between at school and now. He's not holding a dirty doujinshi at school like he is now! Nevermind about Lady Luck, she was never on his side. Of course! If she was, Shuuichi wouldn't be here watching him quake his legs like a little schoolboy performing for the spelling bee!