PART 23:

No matter how much I'd cried, and moaned nothing had managed to convince Jay to see the nurse about his eye. He'd sat and held my hand through my whimpering and squeaking, but when the nurse had asked him about his eye he'd said it was unimportant and had left with me, Sarah and Nathan. I was still wincing as we walked out in to the setting sunlight. Jay led us back over to the van and opened the door for us. He helped me in and stood back for Sarah and Nathan. The driver started the engine and pulled out the car park. Jay sat down in a corner and opened his arms to me. I crawled across the floor from where I was sitting and tucked myself in to his arms. He wrapped them around me and gently kissed the stitches on my forehead; I stuck out one finger and gingerly stroked his blackened eye.

'Jay, why didn't you let the nurse look at your eye?' I asked him, tucking my head against his chest.

'Because it's just a black eye love. It's nothing. Honest. I'm more worried about Nathan really.' He said, jerking his head in Nath's direction. He obviously had some bad bruising on his ribs as Sarah was trying hard not to lean too hard on him. I nodded against his chest before closing my eyes and resting. His hand lifted up and started stroking my hair. I smiled and I guessed he was to.

Jay shook me awake gently when we got back. Nathan flung open the doors of the van. Next thing, Nathan had shrieked in a not very manly way, jumped backwards in to us, and Jayne had stepped in to the van and closed the doors.

'What, may I ask, is going on with you all?' Jayne asked, blocking the doors and looking around the van, taking particular note at my head stitches, Jay's black eye, Sarah's arm stitches and Nathan clutching at his ribs.

'Well errmm.' Jay said, looking around at us for help. It wasn't difficult. All myself and Sarah had to do was burst in to tears, which we did, very easily.

'Tom...and...Max...and...Louisa...and...Nikki...Beat up my Jay Jay and Nath...and...' I sobbed dramatically to Jayne, collapsing in to Jay's arms for added effect. He buried his face in my hair and whispered, 'you're really good, you should be an actress.' I grinned, made the tears fall faster before turning to Jayne again. She smiled sympathetically at me,

'You'll be fine, they're in trouble, I've already seen them and asked where you were, they said hospital, and it worried me that they weren't hurt in any way at all. So I assumed that they'd had something to do with your injuries. Anyway, you girls are going back to school tomorrow.' She ended. I looked up from Jay's chest and across at Sarah, the look of horror and shock reflected on her face.