Chapter 67 - Bad To The Bone

Today was the day the kids were heading back on the road, this time straight to the Indigo Plateau to the Pokémon League. Professor Oak, Delia and Emma's parents were outside the mansion when the kids walked out with their backpacks.

"Are you kids ready?" Alex asked. "Yeah," Emma answered. Delia looked at her son, "Good luck Ash, we'll meet you at the stadium, okay?" she said. Ash nodded, "Okay," he said. "While you on the way, keep on training, always do your best," Professor Oak said.

"You got it," Ash said before he, Misty and Brock looked at Alex and Alice. "Thank you for letting us stay over," Misty told them. "Of course, you all welcome any time," Alice told them with a smile. "Be carful on the road," Alex said.

"We will, thanks for everything," Brock said. "See you in a few days," Ash said and the kids started to walk away as they waved goodbye. "Good luck!" Delia called.

...................

A little while after leaving town, Brock was leading Emma, Misty and Ash through a long grass field with the map, "Mmm, this looks like a shortcut to the Indigo Plateau."

"Are you sure?" Emma asked as she leaned closer to look. They stopped when they heard movements around them, but they couldn't see much because of the tall grass. "What was that?" Ash asked.

Before anyone could say anything, a guy jumped over, startling them. "Who's he?" Ash asked as Emma and Misty looked at the guy over, he seemed to be in Brock's age. The redhead girl leaned closer to her friend to whisper only for Ash to hear too, "He's cute."

"Well..." Emma trailed off when she noticed Ash looking over at them. "Why did you jump on us like that?" Brock asked in slight annoyance. "forgive me, I was simply testing you," the guy said. "Huh?" Ash asked.

"You appear to be traveling to the Pokémon League competition, am I correct?" the guys asked. "Well, what if we are?" Ash asked. The guy smirked slightly, "Well then, I Otoshi, challenge you." Ash looked at him in confusion, "Huh?" His Pikachu slid from his head to his shoulder, "Pika?"

"I've trained all this time alone in the mountains, but I seek one last battle to test my strength before the Pokémon League, do you accept my challenge?" Otoshi asked. Ash grinned and stepped forward, "Sure, I'll battle you."

"And whoever loses this battle must turn over all his Pokémon Badges to the one who wins," Otoshi said. Ash looked shocked, "All my badges?!" He then looked at him angrily, "You must be crazy! I need those badges!"

"That's right, Ash needs those badges to compete in the Pokémon League," Emma said angrily. "Come on guys, we got to go," Ash said and started to walk past him. "If that is your attitude, you need not to hurry to compete the Pokémon League," Otoshi said calmly. Ash stopped, "What did you just say?"

"If you so afraid losing to me in a private match, then what chance you got in wining in a Pokémon League match?" Otoshi asked, "Losing your badges now, or lose them later." Ash turned to him angrily, "I'm not a loser! I accept your challenge!"

Otoshi smirked while Brock, Misty and Emma looked surprised and concern. "What?!" Emma asked. "Don't do it, Ash!" Misty said. "What if you'll lose your badges?" Brock asked. Ash and his Pikachu smirked. "Don't worry, I'm gonna win," Ash said confidently.

...................

The group stood outside the tall grass field. Ash and Otoshi faced each other. Otoshi threw a Poké ball, "Go, Marowak!" His Marowak appeared and Ash turned to the male Pikachu, "Pikachu, go." The male mouse nodded and ran forward, "Pika."

"Marowak, use Bone Club!" Otoshi ordered. "Pikachu, dodge!" Ash called. Pikachu started dodging when Marowak tried to hit him with its bone. "Okay, Pikachu, Thunder Shock!" Ash called. Pikachu used the attack, hitting Marowak, which then made it faint quickly.