Chapter 53 - The Breeding Center Secret

After Emma and her friends reached to a city, they decided to take a break, so they stopped at a street. Misty, the Pikachu and Emma were sitting together with Togepi on the latter's lap. It turned away as Todd held his camera. Emma chuckled, "Come on, turn around Togepi."

"Togepry," Togepi said with a smile as it jumped up and down. "Don't be shy, turn and say 'Togepi'," Emma said with a smile. Togepi jumped as it turned around to face Todd and his camera, "Togepry." Todd took a picture, "Great. That was a cool shot. I'll make sure to make two copies for you and Ash, Emma."

Emma chuckled, "Thanks," she said. "And now a Pokémon Weather Update," a woman spoke and they all looked to the side on a screen, "Our area will remain clear and sunny today."

"Sounds like good weather," Ash said. "Pika-chu," his Pikachu said. "It should be great for taking pictures," Todd said. The weather update was done and the screen switch to a different show.

A blond woman appeared on the screen, "Pokémon love power! Find in the five stars breeding center. Wherever a Pokémon treating like a loved one." An image of a Charmander appeared next to her, "This guest evolved into a Charmeleon." An image of a Charmeleon appeared instead, "And then to a Charizard--" An image of a Charizard appeared instead, "In just a few short days. Let our experts provide your Pokémon with our loving care."

"A Pokémon breeding center?" Emma asked as she took Togepi into her arms and stood up. "What's that?" Ash asked. "Looks like somebody just opened up a new breeding center," Brock said. "Yeah, but what is it?" Ash asked. "Breeding center is to raise Pokémon for others who can't do themselves. It's like Pokémon spa," Todd said. "It could even help your Pokémon evolve," Emma added, "It is if it's a really good center."

"Wow, let's check it out," Ash said. "Fine with me," Emma said as she shrugged. "Togy," Togepi said. They grabbed their backpacks and started to head to where the breeding center was.

It didn't take them long to find the place, when they did, there was a large crowd in front of the building. The same blond woman from the TV was in front of the doors, "There's no need to push, there's plenty of room in our loving luxury suite. We guarantee your Pokémon will soon be like new and some will even evolve."

"She seems really nice," Misty said. "Yeah," Emma agreed before Brock took a few steps forward, looking as if he was about to drool over the woman... like he always does. "Here he goes again," Emma said with a chuckle.

"She sure knows how to attract customers," Todd said. "Yeah..." Misty trailed off in annoyance as she looked away from Brock. "Let's get in line," she said. "What?" Ash and Emma asked together. "But it's a huge line!" Ash said. Misty ignored him and walked to get in line. Emma sighed, "This will take a while."

...................

"Our next guest," the woman said and finally it was the group's turn. Misty stepped forward, "I have a Pokémon too!" she said as she got into the woman's face. The woman stepped back, startled, "Well... you're in the right place."

"So what do I have to do to check my Pokémon in here?" Misty asked. "Misty, you really going to leave one here?" Ash asked. Misty turned to her friends, "Yep, I'll give it a try."

"But which Pokémon? Not your Staryu," Todd said. "Is it Horsea?" Emma asked as she raised an eyebrow, "Or Goldeen?" Misty shook her head, "Nope." She held a Poké ball and Psyduck came out. She took it and placed it on the counter, "My Psyduck." She looked at the woman, "I want to leave my Psyduck here with you."

The woman smiled, "It's so cute! Don't you just adore those eyes? They so bright and bouncy like ping pong ball." Misty looked annoyed, "Yeah, and I wish I had a paddle." A man walked closer behind the counter, standing next to the woman as she spoke, "So is there anything special you like us to do?"