New Year's Kiss

Bethany's POV

December is almost done along with Christmas, the cookies, snow, and everything about it. Two more days until a new year comes. My mom said that I can spend time with my friends to celebrate. I've been looking for a good place to visit on New Year's Eve. Actually, we wanted to go to Chicago, but it's too far from our houses. I talked with the girls yesterday, and we decided to go to New Orleans.

Tomorrow, we will meet at the airport and fly to New Orleans. Chloe was so excited when we talked about it, she said it’s her first time going there. I've visited there thrice. My dad would usually rent an apartment cause sometimes he works there. Our plan is to go to the Mississippi River while watching fireworks on New Year's Eve. Oh God, I can't wait for it!

It's already 11:14 pm and I've prepared all the things that I will bring. We will go in the morning, so I think I have to sleep now. The stars are shining, they wait for me to lay in the bed and sleep. I turn on airplane mode and get under the covers. Good night, world!

***

I woke up from my ned to alarm ringing loudly. To be honest, I'm kind of too lazy to wake up, but I've been waiting for this day since hours ago. I got a group message from the girls, they are all preparing themselves. I finally go to the bathroom and take a shower. I always sing when I'm taking a shower. I'm not the only one who does that, right?

After that, I put on my casual outfit and makeup so I don't look dead. Then I go downstairs to have breakfast, my mom made me blueberry pancakes. I quickly finish my breakfast and go back to my room. I comb my hair and wear my small backpack with only a few things in it.

My dad helps me to bring my suitcase, and he's gonna drive me to the airport. After everything's done, I come to my Mom and Lily to say goodbye.

"Bye, Bethany! Have fun with your friends! I'm going to miss you, " Mom hugged me so tight and then kissed my cheeks.

"Bye, Mom. I'm gonna miss you too, " I smiled at Mom, my tears almost fall. I'm not a spoiled brat but I love mom so much. I kissed Lily's cheeks too and she said she's gonna call me every day. I get into the car and wave my hand at mom and Lily. This is gonna be my first new year's celebration without them.

Finally, I arrived at the airport, I bring my suitcase and say goodbye to my dad. I get into the airport and I am looking for the girls. It doesn't need a long time to find Mia, Chloe, and Hazel, they're all sitting on the chair.

I come to them and greet them "Hello, everyone!"

"Hey, Bethany! Thought you'd be late, " said Chloe when she saw me here.

"No, I wouldn't," I replied to her, I put my suitcase on the floor and sit beside Mia.

We're talking about our Christmas holiday while waiting for the plane. Then we see Becca with her suitcase, she comes and hugs us four. Now it's already 7:00 AM and we're gonna fly to New Orleans. We get into the airplane and sit. I'm sitting with Becca and Hazel while Chloe is sitting with Mia and a stranger. See you, New Orleans!

***

I can't believe we're here together! This is so exciting and I'm so ready to celebrate this new year with my friends. We stay at the hotel and get some rest for a while. Becca is busy with her phone, Mia is reading her book again, Chloe is sleeping, Hazel put our clothes in the closet, and I'm making a cup of tea for me.