71: nearly ready?

Start from the beginning

he blushed, almost embarrassed about overreacting just moments before. but yehana hadn't seen him, so maybe everyone else would just forget about it-

"yehana!" daehwi called from the front row. "come and watch this! it's a really funny video..." he looked up at sanha with a mischievous grin and waved his phone in the air.

"the little fucker just had to film it," sanha grumbled. as yehana kissed his cheek and ran down to watch the video daehwi had taken, sanha sighed. "i would end you, but you're too cute!" he complained, pointing at daehwi.

"that's a little gay," donghyuck drawled, having finally caught mark and was hugging him tightly.

"you'd know all about that, wouldn't you?" sanha said with a shit-eating grin.

"hey," mark protested.

"you've ruined it," chani pouted, pulling at the loose thread on the front of his sweater, sanha's pulling and untangling having caused part of the sweater to unravel.

"my hyung can fix it for you," donghyuck said, "he'll be in after school for the initial dress run."

"okay," chani said, smiling. "your hyung is really good at making clothes, i've got to say."

donghyuck grinned. "that's about all he's good at, but- ow!"

mark threw donghyuck a look, having elbowed him in the side.

"what?" he questioned.

"your brother's nice, so don't be mean," he said, frowning up at him.

"you can be mean to me, but i can't be mean to my brother?" donghyuck said incredulously.

"alright," mr byun said, walking back onstage. "mr park and i have finalised the plan for rehearsals this week, and we're going to be ready a few days before the opening night. you guys have done so well." he glanced around. "where's nancy? have you seen her, babes?" he asked xiyeon.

xiyeon sighed and took out her phone, texting her ex-friend. "i've told her rehearsals are starting again," she replied.

"thanks, babes," mr byun said. "anyhow, the tech runs have been going fabulously, and all we have to do is cut down the scene transitions from a few minutes to literally seconds. we'll try tomorrow with the transition music and see how it goes."

"we will also introduce some of the costumes in tomorrow's rehearsal," mr park said.

chittaphon appeared in the wings, having finished some backstage work, and mark went to join him as the teachers finished addressing the cast.

"all i've got left to say, really, is that you've all been fabulous and i can't wait to see you all perform!" mr byun told them all. "alright, i'll let you all off early, see you tomorrow!"

the students thanked mr byun and mr park, and chittaphon said goodbye to mark before donghyuck came to drag him away. all of the backstage work was pretty much done, and during the real performances, chittaphon would be operating the lights and mark's friend soohyun would be working on sound. that left mark as the main backstage manager, so he hoped all of the cast members would be well behaved. otherwise his job would be one hundred times harder.

"you okay, markie?" donghyuck asked.

"yeah, i'm okay," he said with a smile, as they walked out towards his car. "i think we're nearly ready for the show... it's gone so fast."

they looked at each other, both thinking of the show, as well as their relationship. donghyuck squeezed his hand.

"i know," he said softly, "but i remember every second of it."

___________________

hey everyone, hope everyone's having a great 2019 so far! sorry this chapter took a little longer to be published than i expected. i have exams this month and i've been studying a lot, so it's been hard to focus on all of my books at the same time. for now, updating this one will be my priority :) but i will try and get an update out for my other two books in the next two weeks ^.^ thank you for waiting so patiently xox

anyway, sorry that this chapter wasn't up to my usual standard but there will be better chapters to come, more markhyuck-centred, as they move towards the show. you can also look forward to special chapters for noren, taeten and jaehwi. are there any other ships you would like to read a special chapter about? (e.g. dojae??)

i'm also going to feature the hyungs again before the end of the book and figure out what i'm going to do with poor jungwoo (he loves yuta but yuta loves sicheng, who has a girlfriend,, rip)

thanks for 110k though seriously that is crazy, i never expected my book to get so many reads :")

taellipses out x