"That does sound like a handful," I muttered, "hey, can I have a cigarette?"

"You've never smoked, though."

"I know, I want to try and see if I enjoy it." I was lying, I was literally just trying to impress him, but I did want to smoke at least once in my life.

"Alright, do you want me to show you how? It feels horrible the first time you do it," he laughed, handing me a cigarette and his lighter.

"Nah. It can't be that hard," I lit up the cigarette and inhaled. Boy, was I wrong. As soon as the smoke was in my lungs, I was sent into a coughing fit, Gerard started to laugh at my pain. It felt like my whole chest was burning. Once I stopped coughing, I took another drag, this one being more measured and slow, I coughed a bit but definetly not as bad as the first time.

After the first couple of drags, I got the hang of it and stopped coughing or having that burning feeling in my lungs, I was kind of enjoying it. The taste wasn't the most amazing thing in the world but it wasn't disgusting either. It was slightly bitter but had a sweeter undertone to it.

I had closed my eyes and layed down on the ground when a voice brought me out of my daze, "ya having fun there?" Gerard startled me and I shot up from my laying position.

"I was until you spoke."

"Damn, that's harsh, bro."

"Okay, one, don't ever call me 'bro' again and two, shut the fuck up."

"Alrighty, almighty." He giggled like a school girl in an anime.

"Is there anything else aside from nicotine in these things?" I snorted.

"Probably some rat poison," he laughed

(Okay but my brother did a project on the ingredients in nicotine and apparently there's tiny amounts of rat poison?? What the hell??)

"I read somewhere that they have some weird ass chemicals in them." I giggled.

Gerard and I finished our cigarettes, so we dropped them on the ground and stomped on them to put them out. I kind of see why Gerard likes them, there's that feeling of smoke going into your lungs that feels so weird but amazing at the same time, the slightly bitter taste with a bit if sweetness in it, it makes me feel at ease. 

I just hope I don't get addicted to them.

We climbed back down the fire escape on the side and cautiously made our way back to the dorm. I did feel a bit better but I still felt a bit shaken up about my dream. I didn't feel amazing, but I felt more relieved than before.

When we got back to our room, I checked the time and it was already three am, god, I was going to be tired tomorrow.

~The next day~

Gerard shook me awake, making me accidentally roll off my bed and fall off. "Gerard! What the fuck!"

"Wake up, hoe!" He looked down at me with a dorky grin on his face.

"I'm going to kill you one of these days."

"I want to see you try." He giggled.

I got up and shoved him out of the room, "Alright, alright, just let me get dressed."

I threw on some ripped, black jeans with a red tie dyed shirt. It wasn't cold today so I went without a sweater or hoodie, I already had long sleeves so I'd be fine. I just finished putting on a bit of makeup, my usual eyeliner and concealer to cover up my eye bags.

I'd walked into the kitchen when Gerard threw an eggo waffle at my face. "What the fuck?"

"Score! That's a headshot!" He laughed when I threw the same waffle back at him.

"Why the fuck did you do that?" I wasn't angry just confused.

"I wanted to test my aim, coffee?" He handed me a mug of plain black coffee.

"Yeah, thanks. Can you get me a red bull from the fridge?"

He placed the can on the counter and I opened it, taking a sip and pouring some into my coffee, "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Putting red bull in my coffee?"

"I know but like, why?"

"Because I need energy. You know how people say you have to train muscle to failure? I'm aiming fot that with my heart." I took another sip of my coffee just so I could ppour more red bull in it.

"Does that even taste remotely good?

"Not the best, not the worst." I shrugged and sipped the rest of my coffee, also eating two eggo waffles and a small bowl of fruit.

I placed my dishes in the sink and chugged down the rest of my red bull coffee. It wasn't the tastiest thing out there but it should do. I finished getting ready by brushing my teeth and playing with my hair until it looked presentable.

Time to pretend like I totally didn't make a fool of myself by breaking down in front of practically the entire campus.

It's going to be a long day.