DH // 23

I looked from my left to my right.

All around me, people were talking happily, laughing among each other.

It filled my heart with warmth, seeing this kind of happiness radiate off anyone nowadays. It was rare to see a smile, or hear a laugh. Everywhere was just death, and screams.

I heard them. The screams.

They terrified me.

I stood outside of the tents, by myself.

The sky was pretty today. The stars shone brightly. But they weren't the only ones shining.

I glanced down to see the pendant on my necklace, glowing. I wrapped my fingers around it, smiling to myself.

Draco never told me why it glowed, but I knew that it was a good thing.

I hardly wore it, it attracted too much attention. But tonight, I did. Besides, all the attention would be on Bill and Fleur.

I looked over my shoulder, seeing Bill dancing with Fleur. They had smiles on their faces, and I felt a sense of happiness. I wasn't psychic, but I could tell that they would have their happy ending. Maybe they've already found it.

We don't always have our happy endings, but Bill and Fleur, they did.

My head snapped up as something bright shot through the sky. It headed straight for the tent.

I instinctively wrapped my fingers around my wand, running into the tent. The tent had darkened a lot, and in the middle of it was a bright, blue glow.

It was a message.

"Your ministry has fallen. The minister of magic is dead."

My mind started whirring as soon as those words registered within me. Merlin's beard, the minister of magic was dead.

"They're coming." The voice of the message said, before parts of the tent erupted into flames.

My eyes widened at the all too familiar sight of sinister dark smoke.

Death Eaters.

I backed away. I ducked just as a bolt of light came my way. Looking around, I caught sight of a death eater pointing his wand at me.

"Stupefy!" I yelled, stunning him.

I shouted out more spells, hitting any Death Eater in sight.

I spotted Harry, Hermione and Ron disapparating away. At least they were safe.

A hand covered my mouth and I let out a muffled scream.

"Now, now, lovely. Don't make this hard for the both of us." A voice whispered in my ear, before my wand was taken out of my hands.

I elbowed the man and ran.

"Get her!" He yelled from behind me.

I ran as fast as I could, but the men were faster. I was pulled to the ground. I kicked a man off me, but another grabbed me.

The leader walked over. "Well, well. You are a pretty one, aren't you?"

"Oh, piss off." I snarled, trying to wrestle my way out of the men's grips.

The leader laughed. He was about to say something, but something caught his eye.

I followed his gaze to see my pendant glowing.

"Now, that's something really pretty," The Snatcher admired, before giving a sly smirk. "And also very precious to the Malfoys."

He must've seen my expression, for he said, "You thought I wouldn't recognize it? That pendant has be has been a family heirloom for centuries. I don't recall you being a Malfoy." He said slowly.