-one-

quickened breaths and tapping feet filled the silence of the train cabin as warm brown eyes watched the outside dull world. dry hands reached up to brown fringe to constantly sweep it to the side while teeth bit down on pink chewed up lips. the soft hum of train wheels on metal tracks at least calmed down the boy who sat alone in the train booth.

phil

dan

r u almost here? >.<

dan looked down to his old phone that vibrated in his jean pocket and smiled softly.

were coming in right now >.>

tell the train to hurry up!

the boy couldn't help but stifle back a small chuckle as he quickly typed back a short response.

alright, will do!

an announcement sounded over the train speakers that startled the dan who had become content in the moment with the warm air surrounding him like a hug.

"please begin to pack up all your personal belongings as we will be reaching our destination in about ten minutes." a woman's voice said (who sounded fake in the way she spoke in dan's opinion).

dan let his hands fall and his eyes leave the foggy window so he could stand, adjusting his shirt and shoving his phone in his jean pocket.

as he looked around the empty train booth, he realized what was actually happening.

he, daniel james howell, was going to meet phil lester.

his favorite youtuber and now friend,

in person.

immediately his thoughts went haywire, hitting him harshly with worry after worry and making his heart beat fast in his chest.

dan got himself to calm down and sit down on the uncomfortable red train seat. he looked back out at the faded world from the cramped train and drew small squiggles on the moist window.

eventually the train began to slow and the window that let dan see the view of busy streets outside was replaced with the sight of the boring stone walls of the train station.

he then heard a click meaning that the wheels of the train were no longer moving, and that he would need to get off.

dan stood up once again, trying to keep his legs from shaking too much as he grabbed the backpack he brought with him and began to walk up the narrow carpeted aisle.

only minutes now we're counting down in his head.