Poetry Winners

Please PM Jells_ your email so she can send you your stickers. Thank you so much to our judges, without them this awards wouldn't have been possible.      

Judges:

CannibalisticNecro
Summersprit
AnnaChi246
deacon6

In first place is The Irony by iampotato8080 
Score: 69/70
Review: I actually got everything I wanted in that poem. Everything was absolutely perfect, your summary explained a lot. The part that I liked a lot was the words written in bold letters. They were fantastic, I really like hearing words people don't say everyday. You're amazing, keep up the good work ♥ ~deacon6

In second place is Garnished With Love by _miss_idealist Score: 67/70Review: I really liked your title, it was really simple, same as your title your cover was also simple, it reminded Me of how simple minded I am. I loved your summary, it did explained a lot. The depth of your poem was wonderful. I actually didn't hear a lot of deep words but it was still beautiful. You're awesome, Keep up the good work! ~ deacon6

In third place is Drowning Stars by stargaryenn Score: 65/70Review:

Title: 5/5 - "Drowning Stars". Is such a poetic phrase. It's meaning is to be interpreted in so many ways. But the way the phrase relates to the text, it's almost like the phrase was created, just for you. Just to be used for your collection of poems. A simple phrase, but it's meaning in your book displayed like a key. A true masterpiece.

Cover: 4/5 - With all being said about your tittle, your cover was great. The image you choose relates to the collection of poems. The color mixture is beautiful and easy on the eye. The sparkles reminding me of the many stars that are so big but tiny to our eye. For only, the strong-headed know its size. Like how it takes a certain person to be an, e to read, write, and understand poetry.The font was a little disappointing, it doesn't do the image justice. The stickers also take away from the cover. Obviously to display an award you have to sacrifice something, so I can't really blame you for that: but really I don't think you need to change the cover ever.

Summary: 8/10 - It's poetry. You can't really give an outstanding summary of the plot while hiding the truth. It's simply impossible. But you can give a quote that summaries the poem collection as a whole. Which is exactly what you did!I am hesitant to give you more than an eight because on the line after the quote. Instead of letting the reader find a way to have the poems connect to themselves, you make it clear that the poems are about you. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just takes away from the feeling. Since people believe by nature, that they can't relate to something someone else is going through. 

Grammar: 9/10 - Your vocabulary is a little repetitive. The only advice I can give you is to expand your vocabulary. Your spelling was spot on, and I think my only complaint would be punctuation mishaps. That's the only advice I can give you.

Diction: 10/10 - The way I am judging this is how the words roll off the tongue. The order in which they are phrased, and if the order represents the poems meaning.You did a great job with that. I said the poem out loud and not once did I stumble. Not once did I question the placement of a word, or if a phrase was necessary. I truly could say that I enjoyed reading it. I enjoyed reading it so much, that it reminded me why I love the art. It's a painting in words. You should be proud of that, it takes an artist to be able to convey a heavy topic with such beauty. The symbols turned into words, had so much meaning. The way they were used gave them a power they shouldn't have. It gave them the ability to toy with my emotions. To make me understand the person telling their story. When I have never been in a situation remotely similar.That is an art in itself.

Clarity: 9/10 - The message is usually very clear in your poems. But there are sometimes when I get lost. And I have to keep reading to understand the poem. It's a shame because I will never know the beauty of that line. The passion and emotions I could have felt. A true tragedy.

Depth & Figure 20/20 - Each poem goes into a deep topic. Each poem is something that has been pulled out of the depths of your soul. It reaches into the cracks of the soul to create something beautiful. It's not about a cliché breakup, or happy sun rays. It's real, it's raw feelings. One's that can't be faked. One's that can only be written by those that can turn feeling into words. And paint a picture with it.So I have one question.

Summersprit 

Congrats to everyone! The other reviews will be in a separate book.