13 Years After

Holly's POV.
I was forced into Hiding for twelve years. Without knowing that Any of the four Marauders and the members of the order were alive aside from me. I heard Alice and Frank were tortured to insanity and that their son, Neville was brought in custody by Frank's mother, Augusta. Marlene and her family were killed on site, Sirius must be so sad to hear that. I owled Remus hundreds of times but he didn't write me back. I was so sad about Lily and James. I heard they left a Twin, Harry James Potter and Cassidy Marion Potter. I was invited to the twins' Christening but Dumbledore forced me to hide.

I walked down to Godric's Hollow and found Lily and James, name on the Gravestone. I stood there, crying for hours when somebody nudged me on my shoulder. I looked behind to see an old woman, wearing emerald robes over her dress, standing tall behind me. It's my favourite professor, McGonagall.

"Miss Evans," She called me.

"Oh Professor McGonagall," I stood and hugged her.

"I'm sorry for Lily and James, but I'm here to offer you to be a part of Hogwarts teacher this year. Your nephew and niece was admitted to Hogwarts two years ago and he brought Gryffindor their first house cup," She said.

"I'll take the offer, Professor." I nodded and smiled.

"You'll be taking Defence Against the Dark Arts post together with Remus John Lupin," She said as she patted my shoulder.

"He's alive?" I asked.

"Yes, apparently, you didn't lose all of your friends in the battle. He'll be your co-teaching partner." She said as she disapparated back to Hogwarts.

I stood there, staring at the gravestones, I slowly cried. I felt too much guilt built in me. Dumbledore hid me but he didn't hire anybody else. Not even Lily and James. I know if Sirius was alive, He'd be devastated hearing about Marley.

 I know if Sirius was alive, He'd be devastated hearing about Marley

"Prim," a soft voice was heard from behind me. I turned my head to see a familiar scarred face greeting me.

"Johnnie," I ran and hugged him. "I thought everyone was killed." I cried.

"No, not everyone," He said as he took my hand. "Glad you're safe," he kissed my forehead.

"Johnnie," I still loved him. I still kept my engagement ring. "Did you keep our ring?" I asked.

"It's still here," he showed his hand, the rustic silver ring was still sitting nicely in his ring finger.

"Oh Remus," I ran to him and flung my hands on his shoulder, sniffing all his scents back to my brain. The smell of fresh papyruses, chocolate, old books, hippogriff feather quills, spearmint drops and fresh pine forest.

"You're not sniffing me aren't you?" He asked.

"I'm remembering your scent," I smiled.

"Old books, pine cones, musk, peppermint toothpaste and ....cinnamon?," He sniffed behind my ears and frowned.