But h-how! || 16

"-and that's why we took so long." (Y/n) completely her long explanation to everyone who was currently gathered out in the dining area of the tavern, all expect Meliodas who insisted on cooking something up, her explanation was of why she and Elizabeth had taken so long, and why they came back to the tavern with a 'stray' as Ban called Azatea, who with a hostile glare flipped him off, to which Azatea cheekily said out loud to purposely spite Ban, 'this tavern really stinks, probably the gray haired males fault too'.

"Yeah, but still didn't introduce your friend? You even introduced us to her without telling us her name.." A human sized Diane pointed out awkwardly, sweat dropping. (Y/n) clapped her hands together, her eyes shining, as something in her brain clicked. (Y/n), you see, was a rather forgetful person, normally it was just small things she forget about, luckily.

"That's what I was forgetting!" (Y/n) chimed with a small giggle, "thanks Diane! Anyway, this old friend of mine is Azatea!" (Y/n) introduced her white haired friend to her fellow sins, and Azatea only rolled her eyes and chanted out a 'hello, losers.', her sentence retaining the sass she's always- and I mean always, sadly, had.

"Done!" A voice belonging to none other then Meliodas chimed from the kitchen as he waltzed out with a delicious looking pie laid out on a serving tray, the aroma of the pie wafted through the air, instantly catching everyone's attention, though, most knew better then to poison themselves with such vile concoctions, the poor souls of (Y/n) and Azatea didn't, though, the food was intended for the tan woman bearing the name Azatea, anyways. Illuminate was well aware of teh fact that the cooking was Satan's concoction, she was a dragon after all, their nose can pick out anything. Meliodas laid the pie out in front of Azatea, and with a gleeful smile he cheered, "Eat up!".

Azatea, her eyes gleaming, snatched a fork and knife up from beside her, the shouts of warnings from both Diane and king were nothing but faint muffles in her eyes as she hadn't had a decent meal in months. And y'all better know what that does to one's mind. Azatea was practically drooling, not knowing the death awaiting her, and just as she was about to stuff her face, a large hand swiftly stole her meal, holding it above his own head. "You don't wanna eat that." Ban sighed, her face stern, even he didn't want to see another life claimed by his captains horrendous cooking, even if he didn't like the person who was it eating it.

Azatea's was brimming with anger, and as she opened her mouth to protest, Merlin cut her off. "He's right, you won't enjoy that, captain's cooking is practically poison." The experienced mage confirmed, and so Azatea with a huff gave up. Ban replaced the poison with his own heavenly cooking, and Azatea dug in, eating the fastest she even had in her life.

And throughout all this Meliodas only stood in the same spot he was in, his mouth agape and pained heart. The blonde male instantly went in depressed mode, and hid under Elizabeth's skirt, his face shoved in her panties for comfort, "my cookings not that and is it?" Meliodas's words were muffled as he spoke, but Elizabeth understood none the less.

"Umm.." Elizabeth hummed an uncomfortable noise, unhappy with the situation she'd been put in. "K-kind of, sir Meliodas.." And just as the male was about to respond, hawk came and kicked him. Hard. Not enough to hurt, but to throw him away from his beloved Elizabeth. Very well. His last resort.

Tears in his eyes, a pained look on his face he waddled over to a certain (h/c) girl with (e/c) eyes and (s/c) skin. Holding up his perfect looking pie with shaking hands, "will you try it, you can prove wether it's good or not." (Y/n)'s whipped her head around, her eyes hardened into a skeptical glare that also had anger hidden within. 'Is she still made at me?' Meliodas couldn't help but think, this was seemingly their first fight, (Y/n) had always been aged to anger, but once she was angry, she could hold grudges for what seems like a lifetime, and her anger wasn't something someone wanted, that was for sure.

The (h/c) girl spoke no words with only sighed, snatching the plate of pie harshly from Meliodas' hands she sat down, picking a fork and knife, hearing the desperate pleas of her friends to stop what she was doing so they'd not have to hold her funeral, she ignored them, and cut a slice from the pie, and with hesitation, placed it in her mouth and began chewing.

What happed next, would be a shock to humanity for eternity.

"Ya' know, this is actually heavenly."

Shock ripples through the room as screeching filled the air, "WHAAAATTTT" majority of the people in the tavern shouted. Hell, Ban even passed out, Merlin looks as if she's seen a ghost, Gowther can not compute, Diane is pale as heck, Elizabeth fainted, Illuminate's choking, Hawk swears (Y/n)'s tastebuds are dead. And Meliodas, ahh, Meliodas, is standing up on a table, a victorious grin on his face.

"H-h-h-how?" Merlin stuttered our in disbelief, her hands raised in question. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow, blinking her confused but satisfied (e/c) eyes, as she explained.

"Taste's like my mother's cooking." (Y/n) replied, and that just about did it, the group flopped over in defeat. Soon enough, the excitement was over, both (Y/n) and Azatea and finish their meals along with the rest of the group, and were peacefully getting to know each other, when Azatea, out of no where, snapped her fingers as if remembering something important, turning to (Y/n) she spoke.

"Oh, that's right, i actually came here to find you, since I think theres something important you should know," Azatea's words and now serious expression instantly caught the attention of everyone gathered in the closed tavern, "And it concerns the safety of the entire world as we know it." Suddenly, it seemed her sentence had gathered the attention of everyone.

[not prof read, I'm sorry T^T ]

I'll admit I'm not entirely happy with this chapter, the writing ain't the best, but I haven't updated in awhile so it'll have to do, haha.

Also, sorry for not updating this particular fanfiction, I've been writing my Sinbad x reader so that's kinda gotten my attention recently. Though, there's no need to fear! I'm setting a goal for myself to write at least 300 to 600 words on any of my fanfictions each day, even though I have school and the responsibilities of looking after both a fully grown Labrador and puppy jack russel, so y'all are very welcome 👌

I don't even use emojis what am I doing—

And I almost forgot, I'm planning on making something else not wattpad related, but it's taking up some time of mine, so that's another thing, haha.

Either way, I'll sign out now.

See ya'!