Chapter 12

Past (Timing)

Tarai

      I looked around at my surroundings, the run was over. There was no way we gonna get away from all this together. With all the police officers around us made my heart pound in my chest hard, everything started to go in slow motion. At this point my life started to replay in my head from the day my mother died, to my father leaving me down to all the kid napping shit. Guns were drawn in my face, then i got to thinking Maybe this was how life was supposed to be, maybe I'd die this way.

"Come on Tarai... Put the gun down... Don't make a mistake that's gonna ruin your life" Vince pleaded as he stood a few feet away.

His words instantly made me change my mind, slowly i put the gun down on the ground and slowly faced Co. The sadness in his eyes made my heart sink, it was over.

The officers rushed pass agent Vince and over to me, placing me in handcuffs. "I'm sorry" I mouthed to Co as stood face to face in handcuffs. Tears fell from my eyes as they pulled me away, separating me and Co from each other.

            --------------

At the station

Co sat in the interrogation room impatiently waiting for someone to come tell him what was going on. A few minutes when by and the door opened. Agent Vince walked in closing the door behind him as he stared Co down. Walking over to him he removed the handcuffs him letting his hands free.

"They gonna let you go... They have no evidence against you to hold you" Vince told him.

Co looked up at his uncle with a mad expression "Where is she"?

Vince inhaled deep as he sat down on the edge of the table "Co she's not innocent... She's being charged with murdering a cop... She's already on the way back to Atlanta where she will be processed and held without bond until her court date" Vince explained.

"No... Fuck that... You don't understand... I was supposed to protect her" Co said angrily as he banged his fist on the table.

"Co you can't protect her ... Get that through your head... She was messed up way before you came along" He whispered to him in an aggressive voice. Never had he saw his nephew this crazy about a girl, it was like she had a hold on his life.

Co leaned back and shook his head "She's not who you think she is... She's innocent I'm telling you".

Vince became fed he tapped on the table as he stood to his feet "Comari go home" he said heading towards the door.

"I have proof" Co blurted out causing Vince to stop and face him.

"What"?

"You wont listen to me...  I've been telling you the same shit over and over again... I have evidence that prove otherwise" Co said now having all Vince's focus.

"How"?

"Recording" Co informed him.

Vince stood there for a second in deep thought before he pulled out his phone. He dialed a number and placed the phone to his ear. "Sherri... Hey .. Yeah long time... We need to talk asap" he said hanging up the phone and leaving the room without saying another word to his nephew.

       ----------------------------

Present day:

Tarai

I watched as Sherri smiled and closed her notebook. We looked at each other and for minutes we didn't say anything.

"So that's it"? Sherri asked breaking the silence.