Chapter 2: Just Like That

Clara's P.O.V.

After school me and Bernadine started looking for a clique.

"If you want a clique, you need an extra curricular." I informed her. "So, what do you like to do?"

"Well...." She thought hard. "I like photography, and editing, I guess."

"Look!" I pointed out the poster. "There's an opening for Palette Lead Artist (Female) and Head of Photography! Quick, give me a photo you took."

"Uhm, okay..." She finally answered. "I have a bunch of photos in my locker."

"Okay, open your locker and I'll choose a photo." I rushed. "Don't worry, I know what kind of photos they like."

"O-okay..." She stammered while opening her locker.

"Here." She handed me all he photos in her locker.

I quickly skimmed through them then....

"Aha!" I exclaimed victoriously. "This is perfect! Let's go!"

"I don't know if I should...." She hesitated.

But I already ran towards the Palette's meeting room.

"Here!" I panted, dropping the photo on John Mathew's chief table.

"Oh, Clara! Who took this?" He asked me. "Just in time too, we were just about to close."

"Bernadine Stone." I said.

"This picture it's...." He breathed. "Perfect! The best photo I've seen in years! Where is she? I'd like to tell her the good news."

Just as he finished, Bernadine was already outside, calling for me.

"Clara! I have a bad feeling about this!" She called.

I grabbed her by the hand. "Come on! James has good news for you!"

"You got the job!" He announced. "For head of photography for the school paper, and the editor in chief job!"

"Really? Just like that? No initiation or something....?" She asked, her eyes widening.

"Do you want an initiation?" James laughed.

"Y-yes I mean.... No! Of course not!" She snapped back to focus. "Thank you Clara! Your the best!"

"No problem!" I gushed. "It's what I do!"