Before he knew it romantic feelings began to bloom as well but he wasn't sure how to approach the whole thing. He kept telling himself that he'd confess to the older but never actually went through with it.

Last night was probably one of the best nights he'd experienced in a while. The way Hongjoong clung to him and snuggled to his chest still made his heart race just thinking about it.

"I think if you like him then you should go for it... But isn't he apparently ... bad news? What if he hurts you?" Mingi finally speaks up and Hongjoong sighs.

"I know, I know. Trust me, literally everyone keeps telling me that. It's whatever though, I think he likes me too so I'm not too worried about that" He waves it off while pulling Mingi's arm. "C'mon let's keep going"

Mingi follows him numbly. He felt absolutely heartbroken. He knew that whatever chance he had with the shorter minion lover was gone.

---

Later that week San paces back and forth in his dorm bathroom nervously and for once it wasn't because of Wooyoung.

2 days ago the top 3 groups that did well in the contest a few weeks ago were given a golden opportunity. Tonight all 24 of the students including his team were going to a meet.

All the best dancers from all of South Korea were attending even his idol Lee Taemin. It didn't fully register in his head until that afternoon and so he's been a mess all day.

"Yah- San are you still in there? We have to start getting on the buses in 10 minutes" Yunho yells while knocking aggressively.

"I-I'm coming" San replies before looking at himself in the mirror one last time. He had on a black suit with a black skinny tie. His hair was combed neatly and his brown bangs fell on his forehead in a slightly messy way.

He then finally opens the door to see that the room was empty save for Yunho who still sat on his bed. He also had a suit on since it was a formal event.

"About time. C'mon let's go, I'm pretty sure everyone's on the bus now" He quickly pulls San out the room then locks their door before they both rush down the hall.

When they arrive at the venue San was speechless. The place was a lot bigger than he expected.

"Alright everyone, remember this isn't some vacation. You all have to be well behaved because a lot of important people are going to be attending so if you want to be noticed and scouted you'd be on your best behavior" The teacher addresses them breaking San's awe of amazement at the building.

They all file into the main area where the event would begin. Wooyoung quickly sits next to San with a sigh. The older just glances at him before looking away. He wasn't nervous or shy, he was just suspicious. Wooyoung had sort of been avoiding him for a while. He never flirted with shorter anymore nor did he tease him. It was almost strange to San.

So for him to have chosen to intentionally sit next to him was confusing. The whole time the event went on San was distracted to say the least. Wooyoung's scent and presence didn't allow him to pay much attention to what was going on.

When he had first taken in Wooyoung's appreance when he came out the bathroom with his suit on he felt like passing out. The boy looked absolutely sexy in a suit and tie. His dark purple hair looked a lot darker and make his eyes appear darker. He had on his full set of earrings on both ears.

Of course he never actually said anything to him but he admired from afar.

The night drew on and it ended just as soon as it began. What happened after though was the after party. Everyone went to the lobby to grab drinks, have some little confectionery, and try meeting a scout or two.

San planned on meeting Taemin but now he wasn't so sure. He let out a sigh of defeat then looked around for Hongjoong. He finally found him and Mingi speaking to an older man who he guessed was one of the scouts.

He pouts a bit before walking towards one of the waitresses walking around with a tray of cocktails. He grabs one and begins to sip when he notices Wooyoung standing in the corner looking bored and uninterested in what was going on around him.

What's up with him? Everyone was busy taking use of this opportunity and speaking to all these scouts and celebrities trying to get their name out there. While he's just there doing nothing.

He bites his lip in thought before finally letting a sigh. He grabs another glass of cocktail and walks towards the taller. Once he was a few feet away Wooyoung looks at him in question.

"Here" San offers the other glass to him but Wooyoung just looks at him then the glass and back at him again.

"What'd you put in it?" He asks with a raised brow and San chuckles lightly.

"Idiot. I didn't put anything in it. I'm tired of us always trying to avoid each other. Consider this me calling a truce. Let's just... pretend the last month and a half didn't happen?" San offers with a small smile and Wooyoung couldn't help but smile back then take the drink. To be honest, the purple haired boy seriously missed the smile of the shorter.

This was probably their first actual conversation in almost a week and they were both happy.

"I'm San, nice to meet you" San speaks with a small giggle as he stretches his arm out for a hand shake.

Wooyoung laughs when he realizes what he was trying to do. "Oh god no, we're not doing that" He shakes his head and San laughs as well then drops his hand.

"I tried" He says with a shrug then takes sip of his drink. Wooyoung found himself staring at the shorter. He looked seriously appetizing that evening. The way his small delicate hand held the glass and his bangs fell across his eyes like curtains made his heart beat slightly faster.

He frowns to himself then looks down at his drink when San looks up and catches him staring.

There was no way I'm falling for Choi San. No freaking way. I'm not gonna let history repeat itself.

ᕙ - ᕗ

SANSHINE ~