Checking the time on my watch, I realized it was time to go or I'd be late. "Alright, I'm going." I told Flora as I grabbed a black bag from my closet and put all my essentials in it.

*

Arriving at the brunch place, Sven was already there. I could see him from the distance. He stood there, hands in his pockets, as he awkwardly walked back and forth. I grinned when I realized he was also wearing a leather jacket. The only reason why I recognized him was because a few days ago we sent each other selfies so we'd know what the other person looks like.

Of course I've seen him before, but I was pretty much passed out during that time, plus drunken me can never remember people's faces, let alone their names. As I got closer to him, he also noticed me and a small smile appeared on his face.

Swallowing down the nervousness I was feeling, I greeted him. "Hello."

A genuine smile appeared on his face from the greeting. "Hello to you, too. Shall we go inside?"

"Yes, of course." I told him as I started to walk towards the door. Sven pulled the door open for me as I stepped him, his hand brushing against the bare skin on my back as he guided me in. I felt tingles from where he touched me.

"Hello, I have a reservation for the name Scott?" I asked the waiter working there. He eyed both Sven and me, pursing his lips in the process. Of course he thought we're lost or something along those lines, but I didn't care. I stopped caring about what people think of me around the age of 17. That's when I fully started to enjoy life.

"Yes, follow me." I heard the waiter say in a very snappy 'I'm better than you' tone. I grinned to myself. This man is definitely not getting a tip.

We sat down and started browsing the menus, although I knew pretty much everything that was on the menu and I knew exactly what I was gonna order.

"So what's good in this place?" Sven asked me after staring at the menu for about three minutes like a lost puppy.

I grinned, "Me."

I swear if Sven had water or some kind of beverage in his mouth he would've spat it out at this exact minute. His cheeks reddened a bit at my reply, but he tried to brush it off and act like I never said that.

"I'm thinking about ordering some crepes, do you have a flavour suggestion?" Sven asked.

"Strawberry and Nutella is always a good choice." I told him as the waiter arrived back at our table. "Yes, hi, I'll have eggs Benedict and a mimosa."

Sven gasped, "Fuck, a mimosa sound amazing." The waiter flinched at Sven's choice of words as he wrote down my order. "I'll have strawberry and Nutella crepes and also a mimosa."

The waiter disappeared seconds later.

"So, Sven," I started, looking at the handsome boy in front of me. "What else do you do besides save drunken girls, who almost die?"

Sven chuckled. "Uh, I study interior design in Parsons. Live with my three best friends. I enjoy wine tasting, beautiful architecture and high fashion."

I feel like we are so different. Except for the interest in fashion, of course.

"Where did all those hobbies come from?" I ask him as our waiter brings our mimosas to the table. I immediately take a big gulp of the drink. Tastes like heaven.

"Well, wine is just amazing," Sven starts. "I got into interior design and architecture when I visited Russia. The Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg is so stunning it makes me cry. And fashion is just dope. I mean have you seen all the designer clothes. If I had the money I would buy out a Gucci store immediately."

I grinned. "I feel like you and I are gonna get along very well."

"Cheers to that." Sven said as we clinked our glasses together.

*

"This is my apartment," we stepped in a Sven's mouth dropped open at the view. "I live here with my best friend, but I don't think she's home right now."

Sven stared around in awe. "This place is gorgeous. Look at that damn chandelier." He pointed at me, his mouth open as he looked back towards me.

I chuckled, "Yeah, it's quite a lot. It was a gift from mine and Flora's parents so we can live here." Sven nodded his head. "Do you want some wine?" I asked him and he nodded his head again.

After pouring two glasses of wine, I joined Sven on the couch in our living room. Once I handed him the glass, he took a sip of it, did some weird wine tasting noises and mouth expressions and then grinned. "This is great."

"Glad you like it," I smiled. "Flora picked it out, actually. It's one of her favorites."

"Well, tell Flora she has great taste."

Sven and I talked for what seemed like two years. We just discussed all of our interests, what we like to do in our free time, our future plans and everything you can actually think of. As I listened to Sven I started to realize more just how wonderful he is.

He told me about his friend Rosen and about his religious views-although apparently Rosen doesn't really believe in them anymore-and then told me his views on religion. He isn't religious in any type of way but Sven told me he does believe that our afterlife is determined by how well we act in our lives. That made me think about how I should be a better person as well.

Listening to him talk about his friends made me understand just how caring of a person he really is. Sven told me that Hazel and I would get along super well. At first he though I was just a weird, kind of stuck-up girl, but after a while he understood that Hazel and I would get along so well. Now it all just comes down to planning a get-together and actually meeting all of his friends.

Sven decided to leave when it was close to midnight. Flora had come home at some point, but she just stayed in her room and didn't bother us since she had to do some work for school.

"I should really get going," Sven stuttered a bit. He pushed himself off of the couch and laughed. "Wow, I can feel the wine hitting me."

I giggled. "You're not the only one."

I lead him to the door and we told our goodbyes there.

"I hope to see you again, soon." Sven told me. "You seem like a lovely girl."

"Same goes for you," I said. "Except you're not a girl, you're a boy."

Sven chuckled. "As far as I know, I'm a boy. I'll see you soon."

"See ya, Sven." I said as I led him out the door.

Closing the door behind him, I sighed.

Wow, he's dreamy.

* *

Merry Christmas everybody!

They finally met! And I'm finally back!

Wow, it has been too long!

Let me know what you think about this chapter. My writing feels kind of rusty so I'm gonna try to get back into it better. I've just been really busy with school. If you didn't know I almost got kicked out last year, but I took a break for a year with a doctor's note and now had to re-do a lot of stuff, but I'm officially a uni student again so that's fun.

Don't forget to vote & comment! It really helps me stay motivated when I see that people are enjoying my story.

C O N T A C T

twitter • aulhoei

instagram • glossynglowy

email • pretenceonwattpad@gmail.com